X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eklund

Slow times but this one is interesting.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...6&blogger_id=1

"Sorry for the delay today, but I have been chasing this one down...

The rumor involves Montreal and Philadelphia...In the deal the Flyers would send Travis Sanheim and a 3rd Round Pick to Montreal for Max Pacioretty?

Again...It is just a rumor...but does have some legs to it.

What do you think of this deal?"

Yeah yeah, Eklund, blah blah blah. Interesting components though.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

No. Good player, would probably be great on the Flyers and he's affordable. But I don't think Sanheim should be traded for a soon to be 29 year old. Seems like it would be totally inconsistent with Hextall's philosophy
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Why do people pay any attention to the rumor mill, that is wrong 90% of the time?

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
        Why do people pay any attention to the rumor mill, that is wrong 90% of the time?
        10% is enough to keep it interesting
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

that really doesnt make any sense. they need more scoring and they need to win now.

i think its more likely one of our top 3 forwards gets traded to montreal. price is in his prime, their defense isn't amazing but its not a weakness especially with carey back there. they lost radulov but gained drouin... even if thats a wash they are middle of the pack offensively.

giroux really makes the most sense... galchenyuk and giroux as 1/2 is pretty good and weber/giroux on pp1 is pretty scary. montreal has 8m of cap space and if plekanec goes the other way in a trade they'd have 14m in space. if they're in win now mode what are they doing with all the space...

Comment

Eklund = clickbait
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
              Summer boredom for hockey I'm guessing.

Comment

Ignoring that Eklund is never right, I hate this idea. It also goes against everything that Hextall has done to date. I don't think he would trade a potential top pairing / all-star (note I said potential) Dman for an aging winger that will be a UFA in 2 years. This is a move you make to win a championship. Not one you make when you are still in a rebuild.

Comment

It doesn't match up with either team's current philosophy. Why would Montreal, a team in win-now mode that struggles to score, send away their leading goalscorer on a reasonable contract for a prospect? It is basically the undoing the Sergachev/Droiun trade.

And we know why it doesn't fit our time frame of team building.

Comment

Agreed, this trade makes absolutely no sense for either team.

Comment

Working...
                    X