No announcement yet.

My All time team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread...love seeing the different ways people build off the past..

Surprised no love for Renberg... similar to Lindros in that mishandled injury killed his career...Bill Barber like potential..

I'd (I will) likely go Poulin over Primeau every time.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Rev.... I was thinking the same about Renberg and I'll probably have him on my team (when I get home to a computer instead of this phone to type with)

My third line was always going to have Poulin over Primeau.

As far as time on the Flyers, even 1 game played would be enough to put Pronger on the team. He's going on mine!

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      Great thread...love seeing the different ways people build off the past..

Surprised no love for Renberg... similar to Lindros in that mishandled injury killed his career...Bill Barber like potential..

I'd (I will) likely go Poulin over Primeau every time.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Hammerwise.... Tocchet was a RW. Not sure if you're putting everyone in their normal position or just going by Fwds and Def. I think a little leeway is OK, though.
        Last edited by Hattrix; 08-10-2017, 12:28 AM.
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Barber - Clarke - Kerr
          LeClair - Lindros - Renberg
          Propp - Poulin - Recchi
          Briere - Forsberg - Tocchet

Defense:
          Howe - Pronger
          Desjardins/Timmonen - Hatcher
          Jim Watson - McCrimmon

Goalies:
          Parent
          Lindbergh
          Last edited by Hattrix; 08-10-2017, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            GOB and Swami have both put together really SOLID rosters. Personally, i lean towards Pouiln over Primeau...and prefer McCrimmon over Wilson (for me, Jim Watson and Bob Dailey were both extremely effective dmen and are deserving on an all-time Flyers roster). Good work guys!

Hammer...love this thread topic (only so much you can take of "What did you eat last night" type threads). Hoping to see what others have to share.
            Yes, Poulin is definitely a better choice than Primeau. Thanks for catching that. Not sure why I didn't remember Poulin when compiling my list.

Comment

Poulin is my all time favorite Flyers skater, up there with Bernie and Hexy on the over all all time list.

Comment

What about Coffey?

Comment

He was only here for cup, not a Cup, and at.that stage of his grande career, he didn't mug anyone.

Comment

If I was doing best of all time in Flyers orange and black, Poulin would be on the list definitely, and if I was doing best players of all time that played for us, it would have to include Coffey and Hawerchuk in there, (but then I'd have to seriously think about that waste of space Kevin Stevens too).

Some good players up there but I was really trying for 1st line, 2nd line, 3rd line, 4th line appropriate players although heres a quick glance (but not definitive, its off the top of my head) at the best centers IMO we've had (not in any real order):

Lindros
                    Clarke
                    Forsberg
                    Roenick
                    Poulin
                    Briere
                    Sutter
                    Giroux
                    Eklund (I know he also played LW)
                    Richards
                    Carter
                    Primeau
                    Langkow
                    Handzus
                    Otto
                    Zezel (suprising offensive stats and a long nhl career)
                    Patrick Sharp (he was a center here, but makes this list after being a flyer and playing LW)
                    Hawerchuk (one pretty good season)
                    Gratton (to be fair, he came off a 62 pt season in TB, and put up 62 pts his first yr here)
                    Prospal
                    Zhamnov
                    Couts

Comment

Working...
                    X