#88 to be retired by the Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #88 to be retired by the Flyers

This is probably not a big surprise, but the Flyers have confirmed that they will retire Eric Lindros' #88 in January.

I'm not the biggest Lindros fan, but i remember the feeling i had when he joined the Flyers. He took a team that was sluggish for a few years and carried them to respectability and then to become a real Cup threat. I remember how dominant he was as an 18yr old boy...every time he hit the ice, it looked like the Flyers had an extra skater on the ice. And when he got the puck and steam rolled over into the offensive zone and fired a slap shot...it was like a cannon blast. When he showed aggression on the ice...you better hope you weren't on the other side (be it taking a hit or taking a punch).

The NHL got it right inducting him into the HoF. The Flyers have it right in retiring 88.

Well deserved and overdue. I am elated. In his day, he did it all. In my eyes he was a modern day Gordie Howe.

Comment

It was a given once he made the HOF.

Comment

I guess they picked a Leafs game since he played for them too, and.it.is a tues. Think ticket sales. If it were a.weekend games Leafs fans would travel and they may have sold out with no promo.

Comment

well deserved...should be a huge night

Comment

as lynch said, not really much of a surprise.

Still glad it's happening sooner than later though
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

about time, well deserved

Comment

Comment

Awesome news

watching him play his career time in Philly was just awesome

saw many of those games in person

fill the rafters
                  ..."Hextall scored a goal in the empty net, and I don't know how he did it!!!!"

Comment

God I miss having a bonafide difference maker like him on the team.

Comment

Working...
                    X