No announcement yet.

#88 to be retired by the Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope LeClair and Renberg will be there for the event.

Comment

Trent Klatt needs to thank Lindros. The guy would barely get off the 3rd line if it wasn't for 88
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
        I hope LeClair and Renberg will be there for the event.
        It would be a shock if LeClair didn't attend. Recchi, fedyk from the crazy 8's? A host of others.

Comment

It's definitely about time! I miss E-Train.

-KDG

Comment

Would be nice to see Clarkie and all the other guys in the rafters out for this one. It's been quite a year for the big E... from wondering for 5-6 years if he'd ever get the HOF nod he goes into the Hall in November, gets included in the top 100 players of all time at the all star game and now his number is going to the rafters. Never fortunate enough to lift the Cup but it was a spectacular career.

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post
              Would be nice to see Clarkie and all the other guys in the rafters out for this one. It's been quite a year for the big E... from wondering for 5-6 years if he'd ever get the HOF nod he goes into the Hall in November, gets included in the top 100 players of all time at the all star game and now his number is going to the rafters. Never fortunate enough to lift the Cup but it was a spectacular career.
              I have enjoyed reading a few articles in recent years where he has provided a rare interview as he seems at peace with what happened and the game. Seems to really enjoy being a father.

Comment

That last line is the best. Considering all of the concussion issues, seeing him so happy is the best. Now that he has achieved the pinnacle of accolades for his career, being in a good place family wise will be the rest of his accolades.let's hope he doesn't have the problems so many concussion ex-athletes have had.

Comment

Congrats to the Big E.

Saw him play junior with the Oshawa Generals versus the Niagara Falls Thunder ...

As a fifteen year old ... he was like a man amongst boys at that time.

LOVED his playing style but always felt it was too much physicality ALL the time .

Heard recent interviews where he said his style shortened his career and that he wished he wasn’t always playing full on all the time ... should’ve learned o pick his spots better .

But he also said it would have been difficult to play other than the only way he knew.

Glad to see him go to the HHOF.

In his prime he was the best and most dominant player in the NHL at that time.

One of my favourite flyers all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Eric brought an excitement to the Flyers like no other player. The cup teams were great for their teamwork, but the anticipation for a Flyers game during the Big E era was incredible, because it seemed like every game he was going to do something that made you jump out of your seat.

Comment

I know there are lots of you guys out there that like collecting autographs!

Comment

Working...
                      X