This has been the most boring off season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This has been the most boring off season

Just sayin'...... No trades... Injured 2 overall pick who won't make the club. A Mac taking a rookie spot... No dynamic, flashy players in our system... No superstars on the horizon.

This team might suck royally this year.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Less than a week until rookies report, isn't it? At least that will [hopefully] mean something to break the boredom

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
      Just sayin'...... No trades... Injured 2 overall pick who won't make the club. A Mac taking a rookie spot... No dynamic, flashy players in our system... No superstars on the horizon.

This team might suck royally this year.
      I know we're all a little cranky this time of year, but c'mon Debbie Downer; it's most definitely not that bad
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

I know we're all a little cranky this time of year, but c'mon Debbie Downer; it's most definitely not that bad
        LOL right? The OP is so hilariously off base that I honestly wonder if it's a troll/joke. Because let's recap...

- Won a lottery pick and moved up 11 spots (exciting if you ask me)
        - Traded Brayden Schenn (no trades?)
        - Patrick isn't injured and probably makes the club
        - AMac is taking a rookie spot? We're already expected to have 2 rookie D on the team, how many do you want?
        - No dynamic/flashy players? Man you really have a hate on for Patrick
        - No superstars on the horizon? Patrick is as close to a superstar as you can ask for without bottoming out for a few years.

I mean, what else did you expect?

Comment

They have no cap room. They made space for some of their young players to have a chance, and hit the lottery's second place prize, in a two horse draft. It is a turn around year. Trading Shenn, or even back to Streit, every move made has been for a 2018-19, or 19-20 return to challenging for the Cup. I'd say it was an outstanding off-season, with 2 big surprises. Heck it seems boring because they make their moves by mid-July, then head for Ocean City.

Comment

I guess the OP was expecting a 2011-style shakeup? Hextall isn't the mad trader wheelin/dealin type. he's slowly accumulating assets without blowing up the identity.

Its been an exciting offseason because of anticipation for the future. Probably four of Myers, Morin, Hagg, Sanheim, Lindblom, Patrick making the team, and Weal, Konecny, Provorov, Ghost all should be expected to take another step as NHL players. That's 10 solid players with less than 2 years NHL experience who will be on this team this season or next. And then we still have a whole second tier of prospects who will also have a shot in camp (Laughton, Vecchione, Rubtsov, Friedman, etc). That's fun!

Comment

I can't wait for the season to start!

Comment

Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Listen .. don't get me wrong ... I love the 2nd overall pick, but PISSED that there wasn't a Patrick Laine at #2. BSchenn was a very nice complementary player but he was certainly expendable so not a great loss. I'm worried Hexy will only play one rookie D EVEN if 3-4 of them are NHL ready. I have NO faith that ANY of the young O players that make the team will EVER be any better than 3rd liners who never make the "jump to their potential".

I'm just very guarded in my expectations and since I have more disappointments with "hyped" players than legit stars........................................maybe I've been watching too many Lindros tribute clips and realize how LAME most of the players in the NHL are. :-)
                  "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

The key for the positive patrol is to look at the volume of top rated prospects on the table. Will they all.be studs, not likely, but all projections and odds say some will. I don't expect much from this season, but what is your goal? String out and try to be competitive against odds this year, or be a Cup worthy team in 2 or 3? The band aids have led to no cups, sorry, i.am with Hexy.

Comment

Working...
                    X