No announcement yet.

Stolarz out indefinitely - Surgery on the other knee to replace meniscus tear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolarz out indefinitely - Surgery on the other knee to replace meniscus tear

I wish Carter Hart was 20 so he could be in the AHL this year
    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

That sound you hear is the sound of his career crashing down...

Comment

Well, as much as we have liked him, the team has not been high on him. Sucks, liked his size mobility and attitude.

Comment

Is this related to the injury that ended his season last AHL playoff run?

Comment

Bob Rotruck (Phantoms announcer) just said on Twitter that it's the SAME knee, not the other.

Comment

see, this is why we have a pipeline of goalies, defensemen, etc. Everyone is not going to pan out. Same with our D.
            that will start to shape up this year, when we get a real look at the boys. Can't wait!!

Comment

I won't get my hopes up on any of these goalies in the pipeline until they are on the big club and playing in the NHL. Been hearing about the.next guy in the system forever. Oulette?

Comment

Heh sounds like it's still a mystery.

From Meltzer:

"The Flyers announced yesterday that goaltending prospect Anthony Stolarz underwent surgery on Thursday to repair a meniscus tear in his left knee. He is out indefinitely.

Several media outlets reported in April that Stolarz underwent MCL surgery on his right knee following a season-ending injury shortly after his return to the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms. However, Phantoms reporter Tony Androckitis, who covered the game in which Stolarz got injured, said that it was a left knee injury.

In seeking clarification from the Flyers yesterday as to the type of injury Stolarz suffered in April, the organization said that the initial surgery was not an MCL procedure. There was no additional information provided. "
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

As much as I as like him, all things considered, why did they protect him?

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                    As much as I as like him, all things considered, why did they protect him?
                    They protected him because he isn't waivers-eligible, which meant Vegas could have taken him to stash in the AHL and see how he develops. So you protect the possible asset in Stolarz versus the undesirable one in Neuvirth that Hextall knew they weren't taking.

Comment

Working...
                    X