Forward line-up predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forward line-up predictions

I'm bored waiting for the Eagles game...so started looking into our roster and wondering where the pieces fit...'cuz i know the pieces fit.

So here is what i would like to see as our starting forward lineup for game 1 of the new season:

Line 1: Konecny (LW) - Giroux (C) - Simmonds (RW)
    Line 2: Weal (LW) - Patrick (C) - Voracek (RW)
    Line 3: Lindblom (LW) - Couturier (C) - Filppula (RW)
    Line 4: Raffl (LW) - Laughton (C) - Lethera (RW)

Bench: Read & Weise

Tempted to switch Weal and Lindblom. Also, would love to have one of the rich dudes fighting for a spot on the last line be dealt...but not holding my breathe for that.

Also, i realize the Couts is likely our 2C from a minutes/game perspective, but i still feel he's our 3C.

I agree with your switches

Comment

Line 1: Filppula (LW) - Giroux (C) Voracek (RW)
      Line 2a: Lindblom (LW) - Couturier (C) - Konecny (RW)
      Line 2b: Weal (LW) - Patrick (C) - Simmonds (RW)

I feel like the LW's here could slot up and down in any number of ways, but I think the C's/RW combos will work as pairs.

I don't like Flip on the top line but I think he starts there. I'd like to see it be Lindblom.

I think Schenn was moved in part to let Konecny move to the right side, so that's why I have him there.

Comment

I think our 19 yr old rookie would be a much better choice as 2 C than stone hands, lead foot Couts.
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post
          Line 1: Filppula (LW) - Giroux (C) Voracek (RW)
          Line 2a: Lindblom (LW) - Couturier (C) - Konecny (RW)
          Line 2b: Weal (LW) - Patrick (C) - Simmonds (RW)

I feel like the LW's here could slot up and down in any number of ways, but I think the C's/RW combos will work as pairs.

I don't like Flip on the top line but I think he starts there. I'd like to see it be Lindblom.

I think Schenn was moved in part to let Konecny move to the right side, so that's why I have him there.
          I like this except I'd switch Weal and Filppula.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
            I think our 19 yr old rookie would be a much better choice as 2 C than stone hands, lead foot Couts.
            Couturier is going to get the second most minutes on the team at C due to his value at ES and PK. Couturier was the 3rd best overall on the team for ES points last year and that is if you include Filppula, who wasn't here until the deadline.

I actually have Couturier as 2A and Patrick as 2B. I think with what we have now, our second and third lines are somewhat interchangeable. It's a solid middle six, not the old model of 2 scoring lines, a defensive line and an energy line. That said, I think Patrick gets sheltered a bit for at least the start of the season. His line will get the more favorable matchups.

Comment

If Patrick makes the team, and I think he may well, it will be as 2 line center. The interesting thing would be to have him play wing, but I don't see that happening yet. 3rd line has the def resposibility, and that is where Couts belongs. If Lindblom looks good, they would do.well to try him on the top line.

Comment

I understand the "Patrick on 2, Coots on 3 since it's more defensive", but I think they'll put Patrick on the 3rd regardless of center or wing to start the season just because it's going to get the easier match-ups and will help in getting him acclimated with the big time a lot smoother.

that said; just my unintelligent best guess:

Konecny - Giroux - Voracek
                Fillpula - Couturier- Simmonds
                Weal - Patrick - Lethera
                Rafl - Vecchione - Laughton

Weise
                Read

I can picture Weise on the 3rd RW with Lethera pushed to 4th and, Laughton back to C, and Vecchione scratched, but at this point this is what I see. I know Laughton is a natural C, but he's played some wing before so it's not foreign to him.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Lindblom- G - Konecny

I've been saying for a while that I think Giroux needs to play w people who will "inspire" him. TK's creativity, Lindblom's ability to finish and both of their youth seem to fit that description.

Jake- Patrick- Wayne

Voracek's job is to make Simmer a 40 goal scorer. Nolan can ease into his role w Jake being primary playmaker and Wayne primary scorer.

Flip- Coots- Weal

Don't love Weal in this spot but the other 2 play a simple, responsible game that should work well together.

Laughton- Vecchione- Lethera / Leier

I want speed and energy on my 4th.

Read- Nice guy but needs to go.
                  Wiese- It's cute that he remembered how to play late last year but would prefer he do so for someone else.
                  Raffl- Useful player and it wouldn't break my heart to see him in lineup, just prefer to see the guys above.

Comment

Line 2: Weal (LW) - Patrick (C) - Voracek (RW)
                    Line 3: Lindblom (LW) - Couturier (C) - Filppula (RW)

I am splitting up the rookies, and leaning towards Lehtera getting 4th C with Weise or Read playing RW over Laughton, but....

My Other idea is:

Line 2: Filppula (LW) - Patrick (C) - Voracek (RW)
                    Line 3: Lindblom (LW) - Couturier (C) - Read (RW)
                    Line 4: Raffl (LW) - Lethera (C) - Weal (RW)

Raffl and Read and Weise can all be dealt for free tickets to the Teletubbies on ice.

Comment

Working...
                    X