No announcement yet.

Forward line-up predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the line-ups i have seen confirm to me that our forwards will be much more skilled than the groups we have seen over the past 5 years or so. That in itself should make us excited about this upcoming season!

Comment

can't imagine any of laughton, lethera, vecchine, or leier being better than raffl, read, or wiese this year honestly. just cheaper.

Comment

I thought the Couts on the second line thing was over. Filpula is a better option at 2c, Couterier has shown he is a 3 shutdown guy - still will get big minutes with pk time and going in a shutdown role. To be honest though I have been too busy this summer to follow more than was easy pickins.

Camp starts soon, so I guess we'll really get to see what is up. Been a long summer that has gone by too quickly...

In a world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, but the monkey will spank us...

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          I thought the Couts on the second line thing was over. Filpula is a better option at 2c, Couterier has shown he is a 3 shutdown guy - still will get big minutes with pk time and going in a shutdown role. To be honest though I have been too busy this summer to follow more than was easy pickins.

Camp starts soon, so I guess we'll really get to see what is up. Been a long summer that has gone by too quickly...
          If Filppula is at C, that pushes Patrick down to the fourth line. I can't see that being useful for his development.

Comment

Exactly...no way Filppula is playing C this year, unless there is an injury. He will need to find a way to make an impact on the wing, playing in a top 9 role.

Comment

Weise will be playing; bank on it.

Comment

Couts is a 3rd line center, let the offensive minded and goal scoring Patrick take second line with some solid scoring vets like Fillipula on wing and either Simmonds/Voracek (probably the latter for his playmaking).

One of Koneckny/Weal will get first line with Giroux and either Simmonds/Voracek.

The bottom 6 is a mismatch of:

Couts
                Read
                Weise
                Raffl
                Koneckney/Weal
                Laughton
                Lindblom
                Lehtera

Out of those eight, I go for a defensive 3rd line with offensive upside and the most talented and fastest 4th line so:

Lindblom-Couts-Konekney/Weal (LW-C-RW): All three have 30-45pt capability and Lindblom and Couts play solid defense, whichever isn't on first line of Koneckny/Weal add speed and skill

Raffl-Lehtera-Weise: (LW-C-RW) Lehtera would be one of the most talented 4th liners in the league, Weise brings some bang and Raffl/Read still have some wheels and defensive ability)

Read is 13th
                Laughton in minors

Comment

Keeping with the combinations at the end of the year and swapping Lindblom in for Schenn, this is what I think will happen
                  4th line isn't great but Patrick will see plenty of PP time and Raffle-Lehtera will see plenty of PK time
                  I still think one of Read-Lehtera-Raffl-Laughton get moved before opening night unless there are injuries in training camp

Konecny - Giroux - Voracek
                  Weal - Filppula - Simmonds
                  Lindblom - Couturier - Weise
                  Raffl - Patrick - Lehtera
                  Read
                  Laughton

What I would want to see is:

Weal - Giroux - Voracek
                  Konecny - Patrick - Simmonds
                  Lindblom - Couturier - Weise
                  Filppula - Laughton - Read/Lehtera
                  Raffl
                  Lehtera/Read

or

Voracek - Giroux - Simmonds
                  Lindblom - Patrick - Konecny
                  Weal - Couturier - Weise
                  Filppula - Laughton - Read/Lehtera
                  Raffl
                  Lehtera/Read

Comment

Konecny / Lindblom - Giroux - Simmonds / Voracek
                    Konecny / Lindblom - Patrick - Simmonds / Voracek
                    Weal - Couturier - Filppula
                    Raffl - Laughton - Lethera

Reserves: Read & Weise

I like any combination of Konecny, Lindblom, Simmons and Voracek skating with Patrick and Giroux. I think Weal would also be a good fit on the top 2 lines too. Also, you could roll all 4 lines here and get a lot of good production across the board, so that's a pretty nice change for us.
                    Last edited by krash; 09-16-2017, 03:17 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Looking at some of the GIFs from yesterday's first ex-game, i really hope Raffl will continue to play this physical style of game that creates space and put the opposition on alert when he's on the ice. This will be to his benefit and the Flyers will reap the benefit of this (either with output from his play or with a return through a deal).

Comment

Working...
                      X