Forward line-up predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about wing for G?...

Love his attitude about the possible change... G is good people.

Flyers captain Claude Giroux appears to embrace move to wing

VOORHEES, N.J. — Dave Hakstol brought up the idea on Monday and Claude Giroux appeared to embrace it.

The Flyers' captain switched to left wing during Tuesday’s practice on a line with Jakub Voracek at right wing and Sean Couturier in the middle.

“That’s funny because I was pretty much a winger all my life,” Giroux said. “I started playing center when I became a professional. It’s hard to complain when you’re playing with Jake and Coots.”

“I liked it,” Voracek said. “He (Giroux) is a very powerful guy, so he always skates into the space on the ice when there’s an opening. I think as a line we’ve been working pretty good. We understand each other. It’s one of the looks Hak might try in the preseason. I wouldn’t read too much into it, but I don’t know, if it’s long term, that means we’re playing good.”

Over the years, Giroux has found a comfort zone creating a shot off the left half board, especially off the team’s power-play setup, and towards the end of Tuesday’s practice, Couturier was feeding Giroux one-timer after one-timer.

“We did a lot of drills where I was coming down the left side there,” Giroux said. “I can see the ice pretty good from there because you have the puck on your good side. It was actually a lot of fun. It’s not like I'm against it or I’m not happy with it if it makes the team better. I know we have a lot of centermen. I’m up for the idea for sure.”.....

Read whole article: http://www.csnphilly...brace-move-wing
    Philadelphia Flyers #1
    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
    The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

So now that G is skating on the wing, I'm thinking:

Giroux - Coots - Voracek
      Weal - Filpulla - Simmonds
      Konecny - Patrick - Lindblom
      Raffl - Laughton- Lethera

I like it, but I'm not sure I'm totally sold on Konecny, Patrick and Lindblom on the same line...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

How about a balanced line up that looks like

Giroux- Coutts- TK

I still believe that G and TK ciuld be magic together. While I've always been in the "Coutts is a 3C" camp, I'm intrigued at the blend of strengths in this line.

Wayne- Flip- Weal

These guys looked good together last year.

Lindblom- Patrick- Jake

ok Jake, you make the big bucks. Go make these kids into players.

Leier- Laughton- Vecc

I want youth , energy and passion from my 4th. I think Leier can be a player.

Lethera / Wiesse can be our extras. Will anyone take Raffl/ Read if we agree to retain some salary?

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
          How about a balanced line up that looks like

Giroux- Coutts- TK

I still believe that G and TK ciuld be magic together. While I've always been in the "Coutts is a 3C" camp, I'm intrigued at the blend of strengths in this line.

Wayne- Flip- Weal

These guys looked good together last year.

Lindblom- Patrick- Jake

ok Jake, you make the big bucks. Go make these kids into players.

Leier- Laughton- Vecc

I want youth , energy and passion from my 4th. I think Leier can be a player.

Lethera / Wiesse can be our extras. Will anyone take Raffl/ Read if we agree to retain some salary?
          I think Vecchione and Read are sent down based on this preseason so far. I wouldn't be surprised if Hextall is looking into moving Leier as he appears to deserve to be given a shot but we don't exactly have room for him. He could possibly be claimed on waivers if sent down. Lehtera brings value on the fourth line and could slide into 3rd line duties as well. Raffl also shouldn't be underestimated as well. He never really got momentum last year with injuries but is a versatile player.

My bottom line removes leier and vecc and inserts lehtera and raffl. Weise Leier are scratched. Read and Vecchione are in the AHL. Even Weise being an opening night scratch isn't exactly likely. Injuries will happen and what if something happens like Weal is pointless in his first 5 games? That could be a chance for Leier / Weise to get in the lineup.

Also, with that lineup, who is killing penalties? That is a big concern. Simmonds needs to stop having ice time wasted on him skating hard PK minutes. Giroux should also under no circumstances play pk anymore. Leier and Vecchione are NHL unknowns on the PK. With Lehtera and Raffl in the lineup, you've got 2 forwards that have done it before. Laughton apparently did well as a go to phantoms PK guy this past year, so hopefully if he's in the lineup he's one of the 4 and does a serviceable job.
          Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
          Official Facebook
          Official Twitter

Comment

Call me crazy, but I'll take Wiese over Read or Raffl

Comment

IF Weise plays a hard-nosed style game, he could be very valuable. He has shown that when he starts playing a perimeter game, he doesn't have the skills to be effective. Go to the dirty areas of the ice and out work the opposition. If he can buy into this, he might be able to build up his value to the Flyers (and maybe even for a trade).

Personally, i'd trust Raffl more than Weise. His game is much more consistent and heavy. Also, i'd have Read way at the bottom of the comparison of these three players.

Comment

It appeared that Wiese was "getting it" during the last month of the season, hopefully it carries over. Raffl just doesn't do anything for me, and I agree, Read should be in the AHL.

Comment

I'm rethinking things now. I agree that Leire should be in the NHL and also think that G should remain at C.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                  TK-Patrick-Simmonds
                  Weal-Coots-Filpulla
                  Liere-Laughton-Lethera

Extras: Wiesse-Raffl

In terms of PK, Coots, Laughton, Lethera could man that, but I'm not sure who else though...definitely need someone else to fill that role. Maybe Lindblom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by krash; 09-22-2017, 09:22 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X