• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive pairings predictions

And here is what i am hopeful for in regards to our dmen:

1st Pairing: Provorov - Gudas
    2nd Pairing: Hagg - Gostisbehere
    3rd Pairing: Morin - Sanheim

Bench: MacDonald (if he's such a great mentor, he can mentor in practice)

Clearly, wishful thinking on my part. I am really hoping that Sanheim pulls a Provorov and makes it impossible for management to send him down to the AHL for another season. At the same time, i'm hoping Hagg and Morin don't take anything for granted and assume a spot is reserved for them. They will need to play their game and limit mistakes as much as possible, while showing that they are clearly better than AMac and Manning. I believe that this is not as big a reach as it might seem.

I see ghost and morin together as they have played together and complement each other.

Comment

What I realistically expect:
      1st Pairing: Provorov - MacDonald
      2nd Pairing: Sanheim - Gudas
      3rd Pairing: Morin - Gostisbehere
      7th - Manning

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post
        What I realistically expect:
        2nd Pairing: Sanheim - Gudas
        3rd Pairing: Morin - Gostisbehere
        7th - Manning
        This is what I think as well, with my addition being Sanheim/Hagg - Gudas. Gotta think Hagg still has a good shot of making the roster as well based on how high the org has been on him. Either way I think Provorov - Mac and Morin - Gostisbehere end up as pairs to start, leaving Gudas for the other kid.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

This is what I think as well, with my addition being Sanheim/Hagg - Gudas. Gotta think Hagg still has a good shot of making the roster as well based on how high the org has been on him. Either way I think Provorov - Mac and Morin - Gostisbehere end up as pairs to start, leaving Gudas for the other kid.
          Yeah, it could be Hagg but I think that even with less time in the AHL Sanheim has advanced past Hagg. If it really is merit-based selection as Hextall has stated, Sanheim should be the one. I wouldn't be upset to see Hagg there though either.

Comment

2nd Pairing: Gostisbehere - Gudas
            3rd Pairing: Morin - Sanheim
            7th - Manning

two rookies on third pairing? just maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

Yeah, it could be Hagg but I think that even with less time in the AHL Sanheim has advanced past Hagg. If it really is merit-based selection as Hextall has stated, Sanheim should be the one. I wouldn't be upset to see Hagg there though either.
              IMO, if this is how it works, then we should have Sanheim, Morin and Hagg making the top-6 on d...and the odd man in this scenario would be AMac.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

IMO, if this is how it works, then we should have Sanheim, Morin and Hagg making the top-6 on d...and the odd man in this scenario would be AMac.
                I would agree, but the coach really seems to love him.

Comment

To begin:

1st Pairing: Provorov - Gostisbehere
                  2nd Pairing: Hagg - Gudas
                  3rd Pairing: Morin - MacDonald

7th - Manning

To end:

1st Pairing: Provorov - Gostisbehere
                  2nd Pairing: Hagg - Gudas
                  3rd Pairing: Morin - Friedman

7th - Manning/MacDonald

After watching the rookie game, I'm hard-pressed to believe Sanheim is ready and Myers definitely isn't. Friedman was sounder positionally and better at separating forwards from the puck than either of them; I think he has a real shot at actually supplanting MacDonald, Morin, or Hagg on the opening roster.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Honestly, i would be completely blown away if Marty (Friedman) gets a sniff of the NHL this season. Looking at how Hextall handles kids, you pretty much need to a sure shot stud to crack the NHL roster without spending some time in the AHL.

Comment

Working...
                    X