Defensive pairings predictions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
    Myers and Friedman both sent to AHL. I believe this is the right decision and Sanheim will follow shortly.
    Obviously I was wrong. Seems they're taking a "absent extremely exceptional circumstances your North American pro experience starts in the AHL," because Friedman has clearly been better than Sanheim and I think Morin.

Yesterday, Sanheim and Hagg played very well, Morin was decent. MacDonald was dreadful, and his stupid pinch in OT probably lost the game. From my observation, the quality in play from our defenders so far, best to worst:

1- Provorov (who was phenomenal last night)
    2- Hagg (very interesting that he spent most of the game paired with Provorov; that's a good way to open up both of their offensive abilities)
    3- Gudas
    4- Ghost
    5- Morin
    6- Sanheim
    7- Manning
    8- MacDonald

That seems exciting, but considering what I consider to be Sanheim's really bad play and really good play, and Morin's middling play, it makes me worried (1) the Flyers D will remain very suspect this year; (2) Sanheim will get rushed a little.
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

That shot by Sanheim last night was incredible, he looked pretty solid the whole game.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj
        That shot by Sanheim last night was incredible, he looked pretty solid the whole game.
        Sanheim looked good, no doubt, but on that one PP, he looked a little shaky. He couldn't keep the puck in the zone when they were on the attack and looked really clumsy in the process. Plus, he had a terrible pass that wasn't a turn over, but it still ate valuable time off the clock because the other defender had to go retrieve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by krash; 09-22-2017, 09:48 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

sanheim imo looks like he's going to be a good #3 in the NHL, but he needs to continue to work on his reads at the pro level. if it wasnt for the other rooks i'd be okay with bringing him up, but there's no reason to rush him when he will still benefit from another AHL season. i think this is a good example of when rushing a player with some flaws may really hurt him long term.

Comment

Just for the record I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever with giving Sanheim another year in the AHL. I doubt that Hexy is going to bring up three of the youngsters anyway, and I personally think that Morin and Hagg are locks to be on the Flyers this year.

Comment

What's Haag projected to be like in the NHL?
              Desjardins, Galley, Carle, Coburn, Chychrun?
              "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Hoping Hagg = Ragnarsson

Comment

To me, he reminds me of Barry Ashbee back in the day. Just a solid all around player who isn't flashy, but rarely screws up.

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                    Hoping Hagg = Ragnarsson
                    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halfdan_Ragnarsson

Halfdan Ragnarsson (Old Norse: Hlfdan; Old English: Halfdene or Healfdene; Old Irish: Albann; died 877) was a Viking leader and a commander of the Great Heathen Army which invaded the Anglo-Saxon kingdoms of England, starting in 865. According to the tradition recorded in the Norse sagas he was one of the sons of Ragnar Lodbrok, and his brothers included Bjrn Ironside, Ivar the Boneless, Sigurd Snake-in-the-Eye and Ubba. He was the first Viking King of Northumbria and a pretender to the throne of Kingdom of Dublin. He died at the Battle of Strangford Lough in 877 trying to press his Irish claim.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

LMAO.... Check out his brothers' names.

Comment

Working...
                      X