GDT - NYI @ PHI Rookie Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/liv...426/c-52634403

apparently you have to be in the local broadcasting area. Make sure flash is enabled on your browser.
    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Comment

Kind of cool...Bill Meltzer is doing the color commentary. He's pretty good at it and we all know the guy knows his hockey!
      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

You can tell its not experienced camera men haha.

Flyers outshot nyi 18-8 in the first. I missed the first goal, 2nd goal was Sanheim banking it in off the NYI goalie from behind the net following his own rebound off a nice pass from Vorobyev.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

First goal was a left point wrist shot with traffic in front that found it's way in. I believe it was De Haas from Hora and Lindblom. As for the feed, I think it's the in arena feed that is always on the screens around the stadium and in the press area.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Vorobyev another really nice pass setting up Friedman's goal in the 2nd. Picking up where he left off from world juniors where he had 10 assists in 7 games.
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

Disappointed that a rookie game would be blacked out. That seriously makes little sense in my mind.

Comment

ok..i think i missed him..who is this guy? Maksim Sushko

Comment

Vorobyev a kid I've been waiting on. If he acclimates to NA he stands a chance to help sooner rather than later...........

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    Disappointed that a rookie game would be blacked out. That seriously makes little sense in my mind.
                    Its all about streaming content and getting more and more people to stream your content now.

Comment

Went to the game. My thoughts:

Big plus for Vorobyev who showed good vision and the ability to control the pace.

Big plus for Friedman who was the best defenseman for either team. Just a hound on the puck, great speed, great center of gravity, great decisions jumping into the play. he's legitimate competition for a roster spot if he maintains this level and the other defenders maintain theirs.

Big plus for Kosorenkov who had great wheel, was a hound on the puck, and made smart offensive plays. He should absolutely get a contract.

Minus for Myers, Sanheim, and Morin. Based on tonight Myers and Sanheim still need a lot of work before they are NHL ready, questionable decision making defensivey for both and questionable offensively for Myers. Morin was dominant in some aspects and his skating is phenomenal for his size, but he's still prone to brutal turnovers.

Minus for Ratcliffe who reminds me of Shawn Bradley. He's fast, but his right quarters footwork and stick handling need a tremendous amount of work before he's close to ready for pro hockey.

No one else really stood out positively or negatively in a major way in my mind.
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X