No announcement yet.

GDT - NYI @ PHI Rookie Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on Patrick for those who watched the game?
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
      Any thoughts on Patrick for those who watched the game?
      I missed most of the 1st, but the rest of the game Patrick didn't really stand out positively or negatively.

I thought Vorobyev looked the best out of the forwards. Both of his primary assists were very nice passes.

Friedman seemed amped up and played a strong game.

Sanheim was really up and down. On the rush and in the offensive zone he made a lot of nice plays, but when he didn't have the puck in the defensive zone there were some issues.
      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
      Official Facebook
      Official Twitter

Comment

How about Hart? How did he look?

Also, can we get some feedback on Rubstov and Lindblom?

Did Myers leave the game with an injury?
        Last edited by lynchmob450; 09-14-2017, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Yeh lower body, he was playing great all game... Morin is a just beast, he was dropping people left and right.... Patrick looked solid , some real crisp passes....

Comment

Patrick: Solid all over the ice. Worked very hard defensively. I wasn't blown away though; I frankly would expect a better showing from a #2 overall. However, that may be a product of the fact that while he's a solid skater, he's not lightening, and speed is what seems to shine through in these chaotic, unstructured prospect games.

Lindblom: Basically see the same as Patrick.

Rubstov is a player I would have thought would shine a bit more given his skating. He was generally fine though. Not great, not bad, not particularly noticeable.

Hart made some great saves and generally looked to be in sound position and keep his composure. Arguably should have had the first goal against him though.

Apparently Myers left with an injury; I didn't notice that though. Meltzer tweeted was pulled for a minor lower body injury but generally as a precaution. I'm very confident he needs at least one full season in the AHL.

"Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

We're doomed!

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                Went to the game. My thoughts:

Minus for Myers, Sanheim, and Morin. Based on tonight Myers and Sanheim still need a lot of work before they are NHL ready, questionable decision making defensivey for both and questionable offensively for Myers. Morin was dominant in some aspects and his skating is phenomenal for his size, but he's still prone to brutal turnovers.

Minus for Ratcliffe who reminds me of Shawn Bradley. He's fast, but his right quarters footwork and stick handling need a tremendous amount of work before he's close to ready for pro hockey.
                It is definitely concerning if Sanheim doesn't look like he's progressing. If he expects to battle for a spot on the big club, not playing well in the rookies game isn't going to help. It sounds like Morin was feat or famine all night, so I'm not sure what to think about that (I did not see the game personally, just going off Elab's eye witness account)

As for Ratcliffe, I wouldn't be as concerned. This is his first camp and still has 2-3 years to hone his craft and elevate his game to being worthy of a 1st round pick.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

First game after only a couple of days of rookie camp ... not even close to the time to start getting worried about anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

It is definitely concerning if Sanheim doesn't look like he's progressing. If he expects to battle for a spot on the big club, not playing well in the rookies game isn't going to help. It sounds like Morin was feat or famine all night, so I'm not sure what to think about that (I did not see the game personally, just going off Elab's eye witness account)

As for Ratcliffe, I wouldn't be as concerned. This is his first camp and still has 2-3 years to hone his craft and elevate his game to being worthy of a 1st round pick.
                    Structure was very sloppy all around for both teams. I wouldn't say Sanheim looks like he hasn't progressed. He was pretty electric with the puck on his stick when he was skating. He and Myers had some trouble dealing with opposition forechecking in their own end. That could be just as much chemistry as anything else though. I didn't notice any brutal Morin turnovers but I also missed almost 1/3 of the stream.
                    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                    Official Facebook
                    Official Twitter

Comment

Bust!

I've heard enough about these guys (Patick, Sanheim, Morin, Myers, Hagg, etc); trade them all for a solid vet like Hartnell and use their cap space for Jagr...

Comment

Working...
                      X