No announcement yet.

Nolan Patrick - boy amongst men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man, philly fans are whiners. there's no reason to compare patrick with anyone except leier, read, weise, etc. -- people who he's competing with for a spot in the lineup.

I'm sure he'll make the team. He's super sound defensively, physically mature, and has made some nice plays offensively. So he wont hurt the team while he tries to figure out how to be an impact offensive player at this level. The only rationale to send him back would be that he might benefit from having a full healthy year of just concentrating of finetuning his offensive game against junior competition, like. Realistically, I dont see the brass making that move tho just based on his pedigree. And from what I've seen his game makes more sense at this level.

Interesting the couts comparison, another big-body high-scorer also brought immediately into the NHL. Did bringing him up too early limit his offensive contributions long term?

He's definitely in the Thornton mold, hopefully he can be close to as successful as Thornton

Comment

Not to make a snap judgment ... but this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen in a while (not the responses but the OP).

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
        Not to make a snap judgment ... but this is one of the dumbest threads I have seen in a while (not the responses but the OP).
        Absolutely. This is just ridiculous. Honestly, Hat, you're so jaded you can't even see past your own clouded judgment. We've all been fans for a long time. We've all suffered the same things, but to make the claim that he's a Couturier clone is asinine. Patrick has had plenty of very nice passes throughout the preseason, and has looked like exactly what he is... a kid getting a taste in the NHL (and still doing quite good). Is he lighting it up? No. Neither is Hischier, so it's really odd that because he has 3 goals, he's some stud and Patrick is a bust.

You've made up your mind. You pretty much already had in an earlier thread after a rookie game and like one period of a preseason game if I recall correctly, so there's clearly not going to be any reasoning with you unless Patrick starts toe dragging through the entire team twice and scoring 2 goals a game.

He's a damn good player. It's a shame that you're not going to be able to enjoy that.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
          4 games into the preseason might be a new record for turning on a prospect. Congrats.
          Love this line. Dude should have been 99 from the first day of practice, true disappointment and should be traded for a hard hitting goon.

Comment

Nico wasn't available when we picked, so what's the point? It's not as if we picked Patrick over him. Plus, Patrick is looking like a budding NHL star in tonight's game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            sigpic

Comment

He's a substantially better passer, shooter, and stickhandler that Couturier is or ever was. If he improves his skating a bit, especially his explosiveness, he has the capacity to be dynamic offensively.

Id like to see more of that now, but the fact that he's basically a complete player at 19 is just as important if less exciting.
              Last edited by ELab2; 09-27-2017, 12:14 AM.
              "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Tell me about it. He had a nice game for a 19 year old. Good passing, hit the post; solid.
                he will warm up nicely as his recent operation starts to rehab.

Comment

Ugh...preseason. Preseason people.

I don't care how many goals Nico has in the preseason. I don't care how many Nolan doesn't have. .it's preseason...

The freaking Avs were undefeated n the preseason last year, how'd that translate?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                    Is that how this board works? You sling an insult and I should then reply with one of my own?

BTW ... if you've followed the thread, there are other that are also unimpressed. Maybe not to the degree that I am, but still, unimpressed in Patrick.
                    Last edited by Hattrix; 09-27-2017, 01:10 AM.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                      Hat...the problem i have is it seems you had your mind already set. And because the kid has not been the MAN amongst boys, you are ready to declare that he's a failed #2. I feel that this is an extremely premature judgement on who Patrick is and how he will impact this team. I understand that its part of being human to carry prejudgements, but can we allow him some time become a player (if he ends up a 2C....that sucks). But let's just enjoy the first 15-20 games before declaring anything....
                      It is premature. I agree.
                      Preseason games are NOT a lot to judge on.
                      Only time will tell.
                      I'll be watching and HOPING I'm wrong.

That being said, the product sold to me by scouts, "expert" testimony, people on this board, and anywhere else we get our hockey info from regarding these draft picks, has not lived up to the reports.

Konecney DID live up to his "hype" and he only scored 11 goals last year, but it wasn't his point totals, it was the energy, the vision, the tenacity, the grit ..ect that matched what we were promised. His play mirrored the scouting report starting in the preseason.

Couts, JVR ... we were promised more and got SUCH disappointing players, IMO.

"Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                      X