Nolan Patrick - boy amongst men

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
    Whatever. Waste of time and energy to be Unimpressed or Immensely Disappointed over a rookie in preseason who hasn't played 1 NHL game yet. You seem like one of those types that is always pissed off or upset about something. If that's how you like to go through life, have at it. Good luck.
    Wow..... LMAO

You're assessment can't be further from reality!
    Not a single person, in my 48 year history would describe me as that.

​​​​​​You shouldn't make such a definitive, rash judgement of someone with such a small sample size. Jeez man!!!
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

Wow..... LMAO

​​​​​​You shouldn't make such a definitive, rash judgement of someone with such a small sample size. Jeez man!!!
      This could also be applied to your thoughts on Patrick.
      sigpic

Comment

Uh ... because that's what I expected to see on the ice, and I'm not seeing it........ yet. Which, as of right now is disappointing. I'm hopeful that his play evolves into something more "valuable" than Couts.
        The problem isn't with Patrick but with your expectations. Don't listen to the hype train and just let players be what they are. Classic philly cycle of getting way over-excited about a prospect and then turning on them when they aren't the savior!

Comment

Originally posted by HerbGreen View Post

This could also be applied to your thoughts on Patrick.
          "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

The problem isn't with Patrick but with your expectations. Don't listen to the hype train and just let players be what they are. Classic philly cycle of getting way over-excited about a prospect and then turning on them when they aren't the savior!
            You're 100% correct. I probably should have just waited to see what he brought to the table before hoping he'd be something else.

Comment

Wow..... LMAO

You're assessment can't be further from reality!
              Not a single person, in my 48 year history would describe me as that.

Fair enough. It's been a rough week and I might have an itchy trigger finger.

Comment

My question is, "are Couts days numbered?"
                not sure if he is worth staying on the team.
                what is he worth?

Comment

Bill Meltzer's assessment of Nolan thus far:

Patrick came close to his first goal of the preseason on chance near the net set up by Weal. He's had two high-skill assists thus far in the preseason, played well without the puck, is heavy on the puck and solid on the walls.

If there is one quibble with his game thus far, it's his feet. He is fine once at top speed but there hasn't been much first-step explosiveness that would get him separation. That is to be expected to some degree, since Patrick had dual sports hernia surgeries (including one on June 13) and it can take quite awhile into the next season before a player's maximum skating abilities return.

As he settles in and gets more games under his belt, it will be interesting to see if Patrick can start to get free from defenders with more frequency. He doesn't have to be a speed demon, but he can be a little quicker off the blocks than he's looked so far.
                  http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...e-930/45/87655

Remember G and Ghost took most of last season to finally start looking like themselves again skating wise. Probably going to take the kid awhile for that first step explosiveness to return, that is if he has that gear... I guess we will find out in the new year.
                  Philadelphia Flyers #1
                  Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                  The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

You're 100% correct. I probably should have just waited to see what he brought to the table before hoping he'd be something else.
                    cool.

well i agree that he hasnt been that impressive offensively. but i would be happy with couts+. he has better hands than couts clearly and you can see that he doesn't just hold the puck indefinitely like couts, he sees the way thru to a scoring chance, but he does it by slowing the play down. he looked that way in juniors too. maybe it won't translate, we'll have to see! I think its gonna take a season or two to know. best case getzlaf/thornton/lecavalier, worst case david legwand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
                      If there is one quibble with his game thus far, it's his feet. He is fine once at top speed but there hasn't been much first-step explosiveness that would get him separation. That is to be expected to some degree, since Patrick had dual sports hernia surgeries (including one on June 13) and it can take quite awhile into the next season before a player's maximum skating abilities return.
                      Thanks for sharing this TK. I think we have to remember this when looking at his game out of the gates. I'm not saying this will be the crutch used by Patrick supporters, but once again before writing him off, lets allow him some time. We will all for opinions and can have a great debate when we have enough games to declare who he is (look at the Couts debates all over Flyers nation).

Comment

Working...
                      X