17-18 - Giroux's bounceback year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17-18 - Giroux's bounceback year

To me Giroux has looked wayyy better than last season. He's always had tremendous anticipation and great reaction time but it seems like he's got that first step explosiveness back that he lacked last year. He's never been a burner but he was quick and agile before the injury. Its just preseason, but I like what I see, particularly considering he historically doesn't play well in preseason. He just needs to skate well enough to make his outrageous hands a factor again 5v5.

I'm predicting 70 pts, something like 20g50a. thats only 6g6a more than last year, i think thats more than attainable. His point-per-game days are probably over but 70pts + solid 2-way play is what you'd hope from for an aging first liner.

What does the fam think... anyone else seeing what I'm seeing?

Clumsy...i sure hope you're right. We NEED him to bounce back (which i believe will also mean a bounce back for Jake). If this happens...we're making the playoffs, which will be AMAZING for the 5 rookies we will be playing night in and night out

Comment

He does look good. TK looks really good too. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 25 to 30 goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
        To me Giroux has looked wayyy better than last season. He's always had tremendous anticipation and great reaction time but it seems like he's got that first step explosiveness back that he lacked last year. He's never been a burner but he was quick and agile before the injury. Its just preseason, but I like what I see, particularly considering he historically doesn't play well in preseason. He just needs to skate well enough to make his outrageous hands a factor again 5v5.

I'm predicting 70 pts, something like 20g50a. thats only 6g6a more than last year, i think thats more than attainable. His point-per-game days are probably over but 70pts + solid 2-way play is what you'd hope from for an aging first liner.

What does the fam think... anyone else seeing what I'm seeing?
        I agree with you, and the experiment on Wing looks like it's plausible too.

Comment

I think G and Patrick could be a thing next year. Patrick is not ready for the #1 spot and neither is Couts (clearly). But a year or two from now G and Patrick could be lethal...

Comment

I think the above is clearly the plan long term

Comment

can't see how couts wont be centering the top line to start the season

Comment

I see the LW "experiment" as long term planning. Probably won't be competitive this year, G is aging, and we have Vorobyev, Frost, and Rubstov coming (hopefully). So Giroux was probably going to switch to wing eventually, why not do it now so he can reacclimate while he's still capable of star caliber play.
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                  can't see how couts wont be centering the top line to start the season
                  Long term, no, but let's see how Patrick is playimg in Feb.

Comment

Working...
                  X