Final Cuts/Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Cuts/Roster

So far, this is what I've read ...... please add to the thread as things get released.

"After the game, the Flyers assigned Lindblom to AHL Lehigh Valley, while general manager Ron Hextall said Nolan Patrick and Robert Hagg made the team." Full article here

"Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

That makes sense, now we wait on Sanheim and Morin.

Also, is anyone else thrown by Morin being pronounced "muh-RIN" rather than "MORE-in"? This preseason is the first I'd been hearing it said out loud and don't know if I can get it right in my head. It's like when Ryan Parent was pronounced like the word and not Bernie.

Heard it both ways listening back here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BUNO_5yi0I

Comment

Hope Ghost is ok, and I'm hoping for "Muh-rin." I like Sanheim too, but he'll be up soon enough...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      sigpic

Comment

Should be Morin. MacDonald is dreadful and doesn't even deserve to be the 7th.

Hopefully Sanheim will supplant MacDonald/Manning in the top 6 before the new year.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
          So far, this is what I've read ...... please add to the thread as things get released.

"After the game, the Flyers assigned Lindblom to AHL Lehigh Valley, while general manager Ron Hextall said Nolan Patrick and Robert Hagg made the team." Full article here
          New faces:

Patrick
          Hagg
          Laughton
          Leier
          Morin or Sanheim (but only one of them)

Apparently waiting to hear back on how serious Ghost's injury is...Sanheim likely more suited for that role.

I do find it interesting that Morin or Sanheim appear to be treated as the 7th d-man which is comical considering how bad AMac and Manning have been. I'm cutting Manning "some" slack because he's coming off surgery, but AMac has been the worst D-man the entire pre-season (he's literally unwatchable). Some things never change....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

I do find it interesting that Morin or Sanheim appear to be treated as the 7th d-man which is comical considering how bad AMac and Manning have been. I'm cutting Manning "some" slack because he's coming off surgery, but AMac has been the worst D-man the entire pre-season (he's literally unwatchable). Some things never change....
            I don't think that's a fair assumption. First, I doubt Hextall would keep any of the rookies in the NHL as the 7th. Second, I think it is more likely that Manning and AMac were both in the lineup last night as a final evaluation of which one of THEM would be the 7th.

Comment

Read waived, assumed he's going to the Phantoms while we carry 8 defensemen to the West while we see how bad Ghost is hurt.

Comment

The ghost injury allowed Hextall to temporarily save face imo. Sanheim and Morin have both made mistakes and turnovers in the preseason, but its the same mistakes Manning and Macdonald make on a regular basis. The NHL defense wasn't good last year. Why leave the kids that can obviously contribute to play in the minors and let another year of the vets making the same mistakes in the NHL play out? If Ghost ends up being out for a few weeks I won't be mad if it means that Sanheim and Morin are both dressing and looking competent as NHL dmen.
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post
                  The ghost injury allowed Hextall to temporarily save face imo. Sanheim and Morin have both made mistakes and turnovers in the preseason, but its the same mistakes Manning and Macdonald make on a regular basis. The NHL defense wasn't good last year. Why leave the kids that can obviously contribute to play in the minors and let another year of the vets making the same mistakes in the NHL play out? If Ghost ends up being out for a few weeks I won't be mad if it means that Sanheim and Morin are both dressing and looking competent as NHL dmen.
                  I have a hard time believing the decision is not almost entirely based on (1) waivers and the potential problems that may result if the rookies slip; and (2) actual development concerns about the players being sent down.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

I have a hard time believing the decision is not almost entirely based on (1) waivers and the potential problems that may result if the rookies slip; and (2) actual development concerns about the players being sent down.
                    Well regarding waivers, there is no risk of Macdonald being taken, and I think it is very unlikely that Manning would get taken too. I feel like most franchises have a Manning type.
                    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                    Official Facebook
                    Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X