No announcement yet.

Final Cuts/Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup, still another shoe to drop...and excuses about AMac's contract don't fly...he's already been to the AHL

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Well regarding waivers, there is no risk of Macdonald being taken, and I think it is very unlikely that Manning would get taken too. I feel like most franchises have a Manning type.
      I agree on AMac, but I could see Manning being taken. He's pretty perfect for a number 7 role on a team like the Flyers or as number 6 on a team that has prospects coming up in the next year.

I hope there's more to the story honestly. Based on what I saw, I think all three rookie D should be in the lineup and I don't think the AHL will do too much good for Sanheim at this point (only thing I could see is them sending him down to play a complete game for a few months rather than the pared-back game he played most of last year). I definitely don't think Morin should go down.
      Last edited by ELab2; 10-02-2017, 03:16 PM.
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

I agree on AMac, but I could see Manning being taken. He's pretty perfect for a number 7 role on a team like the Flyers or as number 6 on a team that has prospects coming up in the next year.

I hope there's more to the story honestly. Based on what I saw, I think all three rookie D should be in the lineup and I don't think the AHL will do too much good for Sanheim at this point (only thing I could see is them sending him down to play a complete game for a few months rather than the pared-back game he played most of last year). I definitely don't think Morin should go down.
        Yeah I'll admit there is a chance that Manning gets taken, I wouldn't be too upset either way though. Alt, Wilcox, and Friedman would all be call up options if there were several D injuries.

Agree that neither of Morin or Sanheim appear to have much to gain in the AHL. Morin at this point needs to have NHL players forechecking on him at NHL speed to improve. Sanheim had some bad turnovers in the preseason, but so did Gostisbehere, Mac and Manning.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

I can't see them having 3 rookies on the ice for an NHL game at least early in the season. I think what is likely to happen in Sanheim will be sent down when Gost comes back. He plays a ton of minutes in the AHL and hopefully mid-season gets called up and stays like Gost did a few seasons ago.

Comment

Worried that both Manning and AMac will be in the lineup when Ghost returns. That can't happen, can it? Hakstol and Hextall aren't that afraid of inexperience, are they?

Comment

Sanheim breaks out well and his rush defense is Coburn-esque, but loses coverage often when he's pinned in his own zone. No shame in going back down to tune up a few things.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

I'd love to see Manning in another sweater. To watch him pinch at the wrong time to allow other teams odd man rushes; getting blown by to the wide side or screening his goalie for another team would be hilarious. To see him do this in O&B is painful.
                Actually, I think he'll be LTIRed when Ghost is cleared to play. It's just wrong to send down one of the Three Kids to keep him on the roster.
                "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie
                  Read waived, assumed he's going to the Phantoms while we carry 8 defensemen to the West while we see how bad Ghost is hurt.
                  Yeah, I think that's exactly what's happening here. The intriguing thing now is what happens when Ghost is healthy, and will they continue to carry 8 defenders?

Now that Read was waived, Lindblom could be back in the picture sooner than we think. Sanheim and Morin could both be on the roster. MacDonald or Manning could be on the outside looking in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                    I can't see them having 3 rookies on the ice for an NHL game at least early in the season. I think what is likely to happen in Sanheim will be sent down when Gost comes back. He plays a ton of minutes in the AHL and hopefully mid-season gets called up and stays like Gost did a few seasons ago.
                    Agreed. 3 is too many...

Comment

And 2 isn't...

Comment

Working...
                      X