No announcement yet.

Final Cuts/Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie is an arbitrary designation...how about the best players make the roster? The Penguins just had a rookie goalie win 2 cups. Yup...designated rookie, for both.

how are AMac's turnovers and brain dead moments made better by his veteran status...do the officials call do-overs for those..."nah, he's a swell guy....we're gonna blow the whistle and spot him the puck at the blueline"

In the same way it took longer for Philly to shed it's Eastern Euro bias than some other clubs...it needs to shake it's bias for veteran players....upside needs to be a premium...

Comment

I can understand Lindblom going down; he really didnt assert himself offensively and when he was taken off of PP2 he really didnt have much of a role; the AHL will be good for him for a month or two -- I feel bad for Konecny. Sanheim I think is the odd man out on the defense side and sadly I think that is a crock -- Amac has no business being on this team -- all three dmen outplayed Amac and Manning by a wide margin and it should be Amac in the AHL and Manning to the press box nightly except injury or for the inevitable benching of one of the dmen.

FYI Meltzer mentions in his blog today that right now one of Morin or Sanheim is the healthy scratch for the season opener and as soon as Ghost is okay one will be reassigned to the AHL.
      Last edited by iceman42; 10-03-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman42 View Post
        FYI Meltzer mentions in his blog today that right now one of Morin or Sanheim is the healthy scratch for the season opener and as soon as Ghost is okay one will be reassigned to the AHL.
        I don't know if I should laugh or cry? This is why I can't get behind this team. As long as an amature like Hak is behind the bench, this team is going nowhere.

To be able to look the fans straight in the face and say Morin and Sanheim have been the teams 7th and 8th best d-man this pre-season is embarrassing and outright comical...

Comment

Well said Anth...so on point.

But if Meltzer is accurate, man this is frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

I don't think that's a fair assumption. First, I doubt Hextall would keep any of the rookies in the NHL as the 7th. Second, I think it is more likely that Manning and AMac were both in the lineup last night as a final evaluation of which one of THEM would be the 7th.
            See recent posts...more of AMac and Manning baby!! Hak and Hexy - two smartest guys in the room...

Comment

As an aside, here are the new uniform numbers:

Morin: 5
              Sanheim: 6
              Hagg: 8
              Patrick: 19
              Leier: 20

Generally, when a young player gets a "normal" number, they are expected to stick with the club. So the fact that Morin, Sanheim and Hagg all got numbers is encouraging. On the flip side, the pairings at practice were apparently:

Provorov-MacDonald
              Sanheim-Gudas
              Manning-Hagg
              Morin-Gostisbehere

Yes, Ghost practiced and there were four pairs. So who sits if Ghost is ready to play? I'd love it to be MacDonald and Manning, but that probably won't happen. They'll want the "veteran presence" opening night and sit Sanheim and Morin. Give me the exuberance of youth any day! I'll take the mistakes from them, much easier than stomaching the same errors without the upside from the Farmer.
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Agree with all of you, I am beyond angry. The bottom line is if the kids played better, they need to be in the NHL, end of story. No wonder the young unsigned free agents go to other teams after they finish the college season, other frranchises let their youngsters play, we keep sitting on them.

Comment

From Ghosts interview it sounds like he is good to go and that Morin will be his partner. Hagg is a lock to start IMO judging by Hextall's comments that he made the team. So do they change up the lines from today now that Ghost is healthy?
                  Last edited by Vedder; 10-03-2017, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

See recent posts...more of AMac and Manning baby!! Hak and Hexy - two smartest guys in the room...
                    They named AMac an alternative captain!!!!!! What the ****?!?!?
                    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

They named AMac an alternative captain!!!!!! What the ****?!?!?
                      The players voted.
                      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                      X