Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
    As an aside, here are the new uniform numbers:

Morin: 5
    Sanheim: 6
    Hagg: 8
    Patrick: 19
    Leier: 20

Generally, when a young player gets a "normal" number, they are expected to stick with the club. So the fact that Morin, Sanheim and Hagg all got numbers is encouraging. On the flip side, the pairings at practice were apparently:

Provorov-MacDonald
    Sanheim-Gudas
    Manning-Hagg
    Morin-Gostisbehere

Yes, Ghost practiced and there were four pairs. So who sits if Ghost is ready to play? I'd love it to be MacDonald and Manning, but that probably won't happen. They'll want the "veteran presence" opening night and sit Sanheim and Morin. Give me the exuberance of youth any day! I'll take the mistakes from them, much easier than stomaching the same errors without the upside from the Farmer.

It's tough to draw any conclusions based on those D combinations. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely mix those up and end up with something like this: Prov-Hagg, Morin-Ghost, Sanheim-Gudas.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

It's tough to draw any conclusions based on those D combinations. I wouldn't be surprised if they completely mix those up and end up with something like this: Prov-Hagg, Morin-Ghost, Sanheim-Gudas.
      We can always dream ......
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
        They named AMac an alternative captain!!!!!! What the ****?!?!?
        I felt ill when i read this. WTF!!!

From Sons of Penn:

Wayne Simmonds will retain his role wearing the first A, while MacDonald will wear it for all road games, and Filppula for all home games.
        I'm guessing that him wearing the A on the road is a way to allow them to bench him for home games. (wishful thinking on my part).

Comment

AMac isn't great but he's a better player than Manning.
          Guys get hurt during the season. If Sanheim goes down to LV, he'd be brought right back up if a defenseman went down. It would be better for him to be playing down there than sitting in the press box with Manning.
          "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
            AMac isn't great but he's a better player than Manning...If Sanheim goes down to LV, he'd be brought right back up if a defenseman went down. It would be better for him to be playing down there than sitting in the press box with Manning.
            Why compare Manning to AMac when talking about Sanheim? Shouldn't we be asking who is the best of these three and move forward from there?

AMac is horrible...who cares if he is better than Manning of Mike Rathje? Is he better than Sanheim? No...

If Hakstol benches Morin and Sanheim and plays AMac and Manning, there is something very wrong with the decisions being made by this management team. I have been a big time Hexy flag waver...but if any of the kids are benched to allow for AMac/Manning to play, we have bigger issues than what we originally thought.

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw View Post
              AMac isn't great but he's a better player than Manning.
              Nope.

Manning has a 975k cap hit that expires at the end of the year.
              MacDonald has a cap hit of 5 million with two years remaining after this season.

At 5x the cap hit for 2 additional seasons...there isn't nearly enough of a difference...

You could send AMac to the AHL and the cap savings would cover Manning....

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Nope.

Manning has a 975k cap hit that expires at the end of the year.
                MacDonald has a cap hit of 5 million with two years remaining after this season.

At 5x the cap hit for 2 additional seasons...there isn't nearly enough of a difference...

You could send AMac to the AHL and the cap savings would cover Manning....
                I agree with all that.

I just saw they named MacDonald an "A" so that cements him as a starting 6 anyway, and Sanheim heading back to LV. I see Morin as being in the starting 6 with Manning being #7.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

They named AMac an alternative captain!!!!!! What the ****?!?!?
                  It's like a sick twisted joke...the coach treats him like a #1, his teammates give him the A, but WTF is the fan base missing?

The guy was in the AHL two years ago, hasn't made any improvements or changes to his game, yet he's turned into Teflon Don. I don't get it, I'm truly dumbfounded...this is right up there with the Bermuda Triangle...

Comment

Not sure what to say other than that PEB wore the A and the next thing you know they left him exposed in the expansion draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

It's like a sick twisted joke...the coach treats him like a #1, his teammates give him the A, but WTF is the fan base missing?

The guy was in the AHL two years ago, hasn't made any improvements or changes to his game, yet he's turned into Teflon Don. I don't get it, I'm truly dumbfounded...this is right up there with the Bermuda Triangle...
                      To be fair to Hakstol...a lot of people in the organization (and some who've departed since AMac's arrival) have talked about AMac as a #1 and/or top pair guy...

It's not just Dave...and it's disheartening.

Comment

Working...
                      X