Final Cuts/Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
    Not sure what to say other than that PEB wore the A and the next thing you know they left him exposed in the expansion draft.
    Ha, great point.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

To be fair to Hakstol...a lot of people in the organization (and some who've departed since AMac's arrival) have talked about AMac as a #1 and/or top pair guy...

It's not just Dave...and it's disheartening.
      OK .. if that's the case, we're OBVIOUSLY missing something. Really. We've watched thousands of games between all of us on this board but NONE of us see these players every day, at the rink, in practice, outside of the rink, in the locker room, in between periods ... ect. There's SOMETHING there that we do not see that makes AMac a valuable player to this team. Like Rev said, it's not because of his contract that he isn't demoted.
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

OK .. if that's the case, we're OBVIOUSLY missing something. Really. We've watched thousands of games between all of us on this board but NONE of us see these players every day, at the rink, in practice, outside of the rink, in the locker room, in between periods ... ect. There's SOMETHING there that we do not see that makes AMac a valuable player to this team. Like Rev said, it's not because of his contract that he isn't demoted.
        People have always talked about him being extraordinarily professional and never showing the slightest outward frustration with the ups and downs he's been through. And also about him being a positive role model for the younger players.

I assume that's what keeps him up and what makes everyone like him.

But 100% it does not show on the ice, and that's what matters most, particularly if a guy is going to play on the 1st pairing.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Most teams, if the C isn't a D-man, have a D-man wear an A. I imagine the players were told to pick one Forward and one Defenseman to wear an A. If you look at it that way it is MacDonald, who actually wore the C for the Islanders, Gudas or a bunch of young kids. Filppula is more surprising to me when you have Voracek and Couturier on the roster, long time core players.

Comment

MacD being the Captain and/or a top pair Dman for a shitty Islanders club..isn't a good excuse..

That's how he ended up with that ridiculous contract. He's not good and shouldn't be in the long term plan, he's got 2 years after this one..and too many kids that need a spit.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 10-04-2017, 01:16 PM.

Comment

It's not an excuse. It's a fact. The point is that he has been in a leadership position of an NHL team before. That's it.

Comment

It's a useless fact. Not looking to argue.

What someone did somewhere else shouldn't matter. Yep he was a Captain and a top pair Dman..the Isles were also extremely eager to cut him loose.

Also Fact. I feel like my fact negates yours, you don't have to agree.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Rev, you're making this person. I have no skin in the game. I don't think it really matters and I don't care. But he was voted on by his peers. I was merely guessing on what the reasons might be. As I said, I don't give a shit.

Comment

from Bill Meltzer...

Per Dave Isaac, Ghost w/ Hägg in morning skate, Manning w/ Gudas plus expected Provorov-MacD pair. If holds, Sanheim & Morin the scratches.
                    11:34 AM - 4 Oct 2017
                    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

That would piss me off. I don't give a shit about first game jitters. No way should Manning play over BOTH Morin and Sanheim. I am sick and tired of Hakstol's questionable lineup decision and line combinations. The dude is in over his head.

Comment

Working...
                      X