No announcement yet.

Final Cuts/Roster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manning does not look great. just IR him and let a rook play. amac has played normal.

Comment

LASER

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
        manning does not look great. just IR him and let a rook play. amac has played normal.
        Why IR him...just send him to the AHL. Wouldn't that work? If another team wants to claim him...booohooo for us. Not sure how this team will move forward without him. Actually...you should hope another team claims him so that we can maybe play against him.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Why IR him...just send him to the AHL. Wouldn't that work? If another team wants to claim him...booohooo for us. Not sure how this team will move forward without him. Actually...you should hope another team claims him so that we can maybe play against him.
          IR him so we dont lose him for nothing. He's shown stretches of solid play. If/When we get a couple injuries we'll be happy to have him around.

Comment

Maybe i'm not seeing the same as you, but i'd have no problem with any Phantoms dman being our emergency dman in case of injuries. I'd only want to see Manning play against the Oilers, just so that he could do his magic on McDavid

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

IR him so we dont lose him for nothing. He's shown stretches of solid play. If/When we get a couple injuries we'll be happy to have him around.
              I'm not sure if you are joking or not. You can't put someone on IR (Injured Reserve) unless they are injured.

Manning is fine as a #7 as long as he never plays unless there is a last minute injury scratch. Morin should be inserted into the lineup to play every day and Sanheim should be sent down to the AHL to play 30 minutes a night, work on his D coverage and get called up when there is a longer term injury hopefully never to see the AHL again. At this point I don't know that 3 rookies will all be on the ice at the same time. Maybe later in the season that is a possibility.

At least that is how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post

I'm not sure if you are joking or not. You can't put someone on IR (Injured Reserve) unless they are injured.

Manning is fine as a #7 as long as he never plays unless there is a last minute injury scratch. Morin should be inserted into the lineup to play every day and Sanheim should be sent down to the AHL to play 30 minutes a night, work on his D coverage and get called up when there is a longer term injury hopefully never to see the AHL again. At this point I don't know that 3 rookies will all be on the ice at the same time. Maybe later in the season that is a possibility.

That's how most of us do, I think. Having all three right off the bat was a bit unreasonable, even if it was technically feasible. Only having one start is ridiculous.

Comment

Watched this video put out by the Flyers...

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/fly...426/c-53133603

I found Hakstol's comments at the 1:30 mark to be very telling, especially when he pulls back to the vets (i felt he was speaking of AMac and Manning, specifically). Same for Hexy's comments at the 10:50 mark ("there's a lot of factors that factor into these decisions...".
                  Last edited by lynchmob450; 10-05-2017, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    Watched this video put out by the Flyers...

https://www.nhl.com/flyers/video/fly...426/c-53133603

I found Hakstol's comments at the 1:30 mark to be very telling, especially when he pulls back to the vets (i felt he was speaking of AMac and Manning, specifically). Same for Hexy's comments at the 10:50 mark ("there's a lot of factors that factor into these decisions...".
                    Best part of the video was Leier calling his mom telling her he made the big club

Really cool moment, especially if you're a "sport parent" and you realize the amount of work these kids put into their sports....the early morning, late nights, travel, being told they'll never make it etc. Loved it....

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post

well there was atleast one report in an interview where manning was supposed to have said that he could use more rehab time after back surgery. actually i'm not sure how closely the league looks at those things. is "still feeling the effects of surgery" good enough to be called injured?

i'm fine with morin sitting sometimes as long as he also gets a good amount of games in in the NHL. I have more faith in the team than general-rabid-fan-sentiment to ease these guys in as they are ready. If he's still sitting in the pressbox at the end of the year tho... i could become one of those rabid fans myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X