No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Sharks..Opening Night!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other than the stupid cross checking penalty, AMac was okay tonight. Nothing great, nothing horrible. Manning and Weise were both bad. Konecny was electric and if he can bury a few of his chances, he'll put up some numbers. First line was very good, including Coots who stepped up in the role. Provorov is a stud. Power play... wow. Preseason meant nothing there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I only saw the first two periods and here are some things that I noticed:

Laughton and Leier were noticeable with their speed on the 4th line...much improved over Bellemare and CVV!

TK was buzzing...it will be exciting to watch him this season!

The early look of the Weal-Patrick-Simmonds line is promising!

Couts is not a #1 center...Hexy needs to "call it what it is" and put him in his 3rd line center spot, as that is his best position. I'd try Filppula between #28 and #93.

Defense looked decent and Haag didn't look out of place at all to me.

I know it's only one game, but really good road win to start the year!

Comment

I didn't watch as I was sleeping. I did see some of the earlier games and highlights. NHL got off with a bang last night with the Leafs scoring 7 and 3 points for Matthews, hat trick for Mcdavid - wow, what speed he has, and a 3 goal night for Simmonds. Really looking forward to the young stars of Matthews Laine Mcdavid Eichel and Drouin + more

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
          Couts is not a #1 center...Hexy needs to "call it what it is" and put him in his 3rd line center spot, as that is his best position. I'd try Filppula between #28 and #93.
          Plays die on Filppula's stick. I feel bad that Konecny is saddled with him. I wouldn't want him between V and G.

Comment

Couts was set up a few times last night and just couldn't finish it. Very frustrating.

My HOPE is that they're keeping that spot warm for Patrick once he gets settled in. But then I don't know who you put with Simmer and Weal, maybe switch Konecny back to center.

Comment

Weal impresses me more and more each time I get to see him.

Comment

Really nice effort last night, the forwards looked great, Giroux, Jake, and Coots had nice "jump" in them (not to discount Simmonds by any means). Wiese played with a bit of an edge. Hagg looked a little tentative in the first period, but seemed to find his game later on, same for Patrick. I don't mean to sound stupid, but where was Lehtera? did I miss something these last couple of weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                  I don't mean to sound stupid, but where was Lehtera? did I miss something these last couple of weeks?
                  He was scratched yesterday. I'm assuming Hakstol won't mess with a winning lineup in today's game, which really sucks for Morin & Sanheim.

Question for anyone who watched the game...how did Elliott look?

Comment

Lehtera was in the press box with Morin and Sanheim.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

He was scratched yesterday. I'm assuming Hakstol won't mess with a winning lineup in today's game, which really sucks for Morin & Sanheim.

Question for anyone who watched the game...how did Elliott look?
                      Winning line up or not ... how can you watch Manning play and keep in the lineup over Morin or Sanheim. The Flyers won but Manning was awful.

Comment

Working...
                      X