Lost TV service during last night's game; absolutely livid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost TV service during last night's game; absolutely livid

My wife and I were considering switching from Verizon FIOS back to Comcast Xfinity. However, we told Comcast that we wanted to do more analysis and determine what new channels we'll be getting and what channels we'll be losing. We just haven't had the time to do detailed analysis on that yet.

Suddenly, last night during the Flyers game, Verizon shut off our TV, Internet and telephone service. It turns out that Comcast put in a work order to shut Verizon off for us. I am angry at both of them. I just can't believe Comcast put in an unauthorized order to shut off our Verizon service, and I'm angry that Verizon would grant such a request.

We finally got our TV and Internet back this morning, but it might take a couple days to get our phone service back. Bottom line is that we're sticking with Verizon simply because I am less mad at them than Comcast. Too bad there isn't a viable 3rd option for us...

The fact that all this happened during the Flyers first game of the season just made it that much worse. I was livid. I was absolutely livid.
    Last edited by krash; 10-05-2017, 01:13 PM.
    sigpic

WTF? How can Comcast just put in order and have the other service provider shut off? Maybe i don't understand the agreements the providers have with each other but I would think the instructions would.come from you , the recipient of the service to FiOS..

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
      WTF? How can Comcast just put in order and have the other service provider shut off? Maybe i don't understand the agreements the providers have with each other but I would think the instructions would.come from you , the recipient of the service to FiOS..
      I know. WTF!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krash View Post

Bottom line is that we're sticking with Verizon simply because I am less mad at them than Comcast. Too bad there isn't a viable 3rd option for us...

Do you need live tv or specifically just live sports? Subscription to NHL.TV and Yonder.TV would get you every nhl game.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

Do you need live tv or specifically just live sports? Subscription to NHL.TV and Yonder.TV would get you every nhl game.
          That's a good question. We should explore options for TV. One thing is certain...I need tons of internet bandwidth because I work from home a couple days a week, and Comcast and Verizon are only 2 options I have for that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by krash

That's a good question. We should explore options for TV. One thing is certain...I need tons of internet bandwidth because I work from home a couple days a week, and Comcast and Verizon are only 2 options I have for that.
            I live in Canada so maybe my decision to cut the cord is different from Americans ...
            We donít have much choice (three providers of cable / satellite) to choose from ... all packages force you to take and pay for loads of channels you never watch ... packages are not cheap.

I cut the cord four years ago when I moved into this house. Subscribed to Netflix, MLB AT BAT, and NHL GCL (which I have always subscribed to anyways), and bought a kodi box ...

Oh and recently increased my internet bandwidth.

All I can say is ... I watch more tv than I ever have and the quality of the feed far surpassed what I used to get on satellite ...I can watch what I want whenever I want and on whatever tv or device I want ... oh and Iím saving a crapload of money every month ....

Cut the cord my friend , you will not regret it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

I live in Canada so maybe my decision to cut the cord is different from Americans ...
              We donít have much choice (three providers of cable / satellite) to choose from ... all packages force you to take and pay for loads of channels you never watch ... packages are not cheap.

I cut the cord four years ago when I moved into this house. Subscribed to Netflix, MLB AT BAT, and NHL GCL (which I have always subscribed to anyways), and bought a kodi box ...

Oh and recently increased my internet bandwidth.

All I can say is ... I watch more tv than I ever have and the quality of the feed far surpassed what I used to get on satellite ...I can watch what I want whenever I want and on whatever tv or device I want ... oh and Iím saving a crapload of money every month ....

Cut the cord my friend , you will not regret it ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              The one thing that makes me reluctant to cut the cord is how much money I have invested in our home theater system. It's surround sound of course (which lots of people have). However, mine is very high end. I have Definitive Technology speakers all around (2 front, 1 center, 2 rear, and 2 subwoofers). It's incredibly impressive.

If there is a helicopter scene, it literally sounds like the helicopter is in the room with you. If there is a war scene, you feel like you're in the front lines with them. You just have to experience it to believe it. I just feel that with a system like this, "cutting the cord" seems somewhat in conflict with having such a system like this. Plus, I am sort of old school when it comes to TV, so I do like real time TV.
              Last edited by krash; 10-08-2017, 01:47 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Blame Obama

Comment

I'm thinking about the latest FireTV box, but I'm not sure if it's "hackable" like the FireStick is.
                  Anyone have s FireStick or FireTV know anything?
                  "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                  X