Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers at Kings, Game two, Day two.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really rough night all around for Sanheim
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Sanheim has looked nervous on a number of occasions. But I am surprised at how so average Provorov has looked. He has been battling with th yips when handling the puck.

The 4th line has been very good. All three guys.

Comment

Turns out that Quick fellow is pretty good.

Comment

lol Pitt

Comment

Provorov looks like himself to me.

Sanheim looks uncomfortable with the speed of the game. Not an easy team to play against for your first game. Preseason just isnt the same. Good eye-opener for him!

Laughton/Leier look so so good. Leier reminds me of Marcus Kruger

Comment

We're definitely in this. Lots of chances, which is a good thing. Just need to finish them.

Comment

So much pressure from us. It's gotta pay off with this PP.

Comment

I have to say that even despite the loss this team is a lot of fun to watch. They were sloppy tonight and should have shot when they had their chances instead of holding out for passes but they played well and really brought it in the 3rd. Observations:

- MacDonald actually looked really good tonight. Made some really good plays early on and was pretty mistake free.
                  - Sanheim had a rough game. A few shifts he looked ok but overall he looked to be a half second behind the play. Kind of reminds you of that Provorov game vs Chicago (to a lesser extent). Hopefully he can get used to the speed.
                  - Hagg is just so unnoticeable in a good way. Really good partner for Ghost.
                  - The 4th line is awesome. They were the most fun to watch and kept pressing the play!
                  - Couts is going to the net a lot, it's only a matter of time he pots a goal.
                  - Patrick line got eaten alive. I can't remember a single shift they sustained pressure in the offensive zone.
                  - The 3rd line showed a little more cohesiveness tonight.

Comment

Neuvirth deserved better.
                    It was a bummer Sanheim looked exposed on that first goal. That whole play was the result of a turnover that wasn't his fault. It was the fourth line, that dominated many of their matchups the rest of the night. Let's hope we see a bounce back from him in his next start, like Provorov did after his infamous game last year.
                    The team had good energy, but was lacking finish. That latter part was a big problem last year so I hope this was just due to LA's close checking that didn't give them much time and space to do much with the puck.
                    Hoping we actually see Morin and his size against the Ducks. Not wanting to see Sanheim out per se, but if that's who has to sit, so be it.

It's nice to have Flyers hockey back!

Comment

I was at the game; right behind the flyers bench. Good time. Flyers fans travel well baby!
                      anyhow, here are some thoughts:
                      Couts has hands of stone. He does not belong on the top line.
                      Voracek makes way too much money to be a pass first guy. He had two or three chances to shoot and he just flub passed them away.
                      This is a problem!
                      raffl should of potted that chance
                      ghost wanted to be set up so many times for the PP shot at the top of the key; there was no one to do it. He was pissed!
                      Hagg looked invisible; a good thing. He will be ok.
                      Sanheim. Poor Sanheim. He was visibly nervous. Tough goal against then that 4 minute penalty.
                      Macdonald; not bad actually
                      The fourth line was freakin fun to watch; even on the PK. Laughton and Leier are good together. They are earning their money.
                      I have to say, on the whole the team looked kind of slow/tired.

Comment

Working...
                      X