Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers at Kings, Game two, Day two.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provorov didn't look like a world beater in camp last season. If anything he's the perfect example of hype helping a player make the roster.

I'm not saying he was bad, not saying he was undeserving...but he was no different than Morin or Sanheim.

What he rounded in to as the season progressed doesn't enter the conversation.

As it is now... Provorov and Gost are the top 2 Dmen on the team. Gudas is 3. We can argue whether Hagg it MacD is 4 or 5...then there's Manning.

Problem for the people making the "hype" argument is Morin and Sanheim are as good as Hagg, better than Manning and if not equal to MacD at this moment...good enough that returning MacD to the Phantoms to develop the kids at NHL speed shouldn't be dismissed.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 10-06-2017, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I think their thinking is more like, you have to be able to do everything at a baseline NHL level, even if you are very strong in one area. Like patrick for example, didn't blow the doors off, but he's an NHL player already and has tons of room to grow. Same with Provorov. If you have holes in your game the other team WILL exploit them. This is why Hagg's consistency won out I think. And come on...Provorov was the #1 after a third the season. The team knew what was up coming out of training camp.

Anyway both Sanheim and Morin are on the cusp. I dont see the issue. We're arguing passionately about who our #6 is. And they're actually on the NHL roster as we speak! And playing in games! And fighting for a job! so... "the process" is working.

I guess the debate is really about "winning games" vs "getting young kids experience"? Maybe the tension is that the front office wants to bring the rookies in BUT ALSO make the playoffs, and they think they can't do that that just by dumping them all in the opening lineup. And the fans either think they can, or don't care about the playoffs I mean if we're going to miss the playoffs like last year, lets get the kids acclimated. If we were in the playoffs last year I wonder how the fans' feelings change. Cuz I'm pretty sure manning stops that pass on the kings first goal and we probably get a point out of that game. And if we're a point out of the #8 slot this year...

Comment

Problem is..some where..someone in this organization is terrified of letting the Rooks learn up here..we are borderline a bubble team at the moment..no real reason not to let them get acclimated up here..so what if vets are eating money down in the AHGL..best players should make the team and play

Comment

Iíd much rather the young kids play and develop at the NHL level then Go back to the A (esp Morin), if they are close to being ready ...

Letís be realistic, this team isnít even close to sniffing the Stanley Cup anytime soon ...

That being said, I know itís only been two games , and I saw a handful of periods of exhibition, is it just me, or does Patrickís skating a little sub-par, given his draft position and pedigree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
            Iíd much rather the young kids play and develop at the NHL level then Go back to the A (esp Morin), if they are close to being ready ...

Letís be realistic, this team isnít even close to sniffing the Stanley Cup anytime soon ...

That being said, I know itís only been two games , and I saw a handful of periods of exhibition, is it just me, or does Patrickís skating a little sub-par, given his draft position and pedigree?
            This was posted earlier in another thread... from a Meltzer article...

http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...70#post1154170
            Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 10-07-2017, 12:52 PM.
            Philadelphia Flyers #1
            Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
            The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
            X