Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food for thought (The Process)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

    *Yawn*

    Damn near everyone watching the preseason gave Morin the nod over Sanheim, the problem with Morin (or more aptly with the team) is they have a mancrush on two-way dmen...it continues to hurt the blue line development...

    Any time someone brings up "but maybe in the eyes of the org.." I look at everything they say about MacDonald that is demonstrably false...and realize that stepfords will always agree with the org...no matter how bad it gets..

    that said...the problem with Morin is that he needs to be playing, if it's not with the big club, in the AHL...bringing him on this road trip and letting him sit out is ludicrous....they don;t play again until Tuesday....did the purse strings get tight after Ed passed..they can;t afford to fly him back on his own?

    Hextall..tho this is unpopular for folks with *crushes* is doing exactly what he said wouldn't happen...a kid has been sitting in the box instead of playing...and if it's not a big deal..why not let someone else sit for a game...because it's.not.a.big.deal. right?
    I get it you like big men. No need to apologize. FFS Rev we know you know all and understand all that ails the organization and many of the world's mysteries. We are three games in. They are playing well and that's really nice to see. Sam will get his cup of coffee eventually and you will have that all important moment of getting to watch the big kid do his majic.

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by irvdog

      I get it you like big men. No need to apologize. FFS Rev we know you know all and understand all that ails the organization and many of the world's mysteries. We are three games in. They are playing well and that's really nice to see. Sam will get his cup of coffee eventually and you will have that all important moment of getting to watch the big kid do his majic.
      I don't think I have all the answers...but this season has been fun already for me...two things I've taken shit for on this board for years have come to fruition..

      Vegas has a team....and Giroux is playing wing..

      Kinda weird that disagreeing with your take makes me a know-it-all...sorry for speaking out of turn, sir.


      Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

      Comment


      • #23
        Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

        I don't think I have all the answers...but this season has been fun already for me...two things I've taken shit for on this board for years have come to fruition..

        Vegas has a team....and Giroux is playing wing..

        Kinda weird that disagreeing with your take makes me a know-it-all...sorry for speaking out of turn, sir.


        Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
        Feel free to remove the hook any time now. I just felt the need to say relax....we are 3 games in.....all things in time....and many ways to skin a cat.

        Comment


        • #24
          Since there is an inconceivable crush on MacD from management/coaching, I can't see Morin getting playing time without an injury hitting someone. I think he should be with the Phantoms and at least getting some ice time. I'm not sure what he didn't show in pre-season to draw an opportunity, but whatever it was, there is no sense having him in this situation.

          On the plus side, I'm glad they didn't yank Sanheim after one rough game. Not that I don't want to see Morin get a shot, but I also didn't want them to resort to the "make a mistake and you're scratched" mentality either. Ping-ponging rookies in and out of the lineup like that isn't helpful.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by Pit View Post
            On the plus side, I'm glad they didn't yank Sanheim after one rough game. Not that I don't want to see Morin get a shot, but I also didn't want them to resort to the "make a mistake and you're scratched" mentality either. Ping-ponging rookies in and out of the lineup like that isn't helpful.
            yea they almost HAD to play him the next game, no matter what they originally intended.

            Comment


            • #26
              I think we just need to believe what Hakstol says when it comes to Morin & Sanheim. It has more to do with matchups than anything.

              They like Provorov-MacDonald together. They like Hagg skating with Ghost, and they like Sanheim with Gudas.

              They probably don't prefer skating Hagg or Morin with Gudas. They'd rather have Sanheim skate with Gudas because of the complimentary styles.

              It's not really about whether Morin is behind Sanheim; it's more about the right combinations.

              I think the logical conclusion will ultimately be that Morin will replace Gudas. Morin is a big physical presence like Gudas and would actually pair up well with Sanheim. I think that's how this will play out. Plus, if there are any injuries, then that will throw everything up in the air anyway...


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #27
                It's laughable and absurd that Haag is somehow ahead of Morin. It makes me want to puke and I don't care how "safe" Haag is or what great "structure" he plays with.

                Comment


                • #28
                  Haag is an NHL player. I haven't seen anything to tell me otherwise. No knocks against Morin. He belongs as well. I think someone hit the nail on the head when they spoke of pairings. do we get rid of Gudas or make him the 7th for awhile?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    “There’s going to be hiccups. There’s going to be mistakes made by every player, and most certainly young players,” coach Dave Hakstol said. “Those guys have to know and have the confidence … that they’re going to continue to get opportunities. Does that mean they’re going to get an opportunity the very next night or the very next shift? Not always.”

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      What matters, is putting your best players on the ice and letting them play. Letting them learn. And making the best of the end result.
                      Totally agree, which is why I think Morin Should be playing

                      .
                      .does anyone think the current Flyers front office would have trusted Matt Murray the way the Pens have?
                      In a wortd, No

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X