• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am still meh about both of them so...

Comment

UPDATED

Couturier
      3 games played, 1 Goal, 3 Points, 0 PPP, +5, 19:38 ATOI, 44FO, 21 FOW, 47.7 FO%

Schenn
      3 games played, 1 Goal, 4 Points, 1 PPP, +3, 19:30 ATOI , 46FO, 23FOW, 50.0 FO%

**Both are second on their teams in FO

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      I find this to be an iinteresting thread and one many of us will be going back and forth on. For me, there are also intangibles in Colts game that are not visible in stats. But there is no denying that they both have had very good starts.

I'm curious to see how Schenn does on faceoffs this year...the question for me..is did the Flyers get it wrong about Schenn's capabilities at center...they had a lot invested in Couturier as the Center...and were quick to keep Schenn out of that spot...

Schenn netted a Shootout goal tonight to help the Blues secure the W.

Comment

I don't really see the point in comparing Schenn and Couturier at this point. More important thing to look at will be how the 2 picks / Lehtera contribute to the org compared to what Schenn does the next few years.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post
          I don't really see the point in comparing Schenn and Couturier at this point. More important thing to look at will be how the 2 picks / Lehtera contribute to the org compared to what Schenn does the next few years.
          Really? I view the entire situation as 'we only have room for one'...the question is did they chose to stick with the right one..

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Really? I view the entire situation as 'we only have room for one'...the question is did they chose to stick with the right one..
            I'd rather have kept Schenn than Couturier too, but its still a pointless exercise. (Although that would require centers to be giroux, patrick, filp, laughton imo. I know Schenn wants to be a center, and I know he's being used as a center in Stl, but I think he's always been more effective as a wing on the flyers and never appeared to have appropriate defensive awareness for a center.) Anyone could look at any trade and say "I wish they'd traded X instead of Y." All we can do now as fans is hope the return for Schenn was decent.

Trading Justin Williams instead of Simon Gagne wasn't awful because of williams stats vs gagne stats. it was awful because they traded him for 34 games of Danny Markov then let him walk.

I suppose I'd rather use the time I spend bitching about the Flyers complaining about things that could still change like Macdonald, Weise, and Manning, than a trade that is already done haha.
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

I actually preferred they traded Schenn. You're not going to get the same return for Coots.

Coots is a terrific player...but he excels in intangible areas... Schenn put up goals.. and only in Philly does that become a negative.

For me it's interesting to see how these two.play out..

The Flyers are now so heavily invested in Coots as a top line center that Giroux ceded his spot. Giroux.

Meanwhile, Schenn couldn't get a legit shot at any Center position.

What do the Flyers of the last 2 or 3 years look like if you move G earlier and you have Coots and Schenn at 1 and 2 with Giroux, Jake, Simmonds..

You get room for a player like Laughton at 3C..

Seems like the Flyers may have had a self inflicted bottleneck...I'm curious how both players develop with the solution Hextall found.

This isn't Coots v Schenn..

It's about Hextall and the front office and how they evaluate talent and situations...the opportunities they foster...

We're gonna have a lot of solid defensemen and a good number of talented forwards..and not enough room for all of them...

Can the front office process the player pool it has and the opportunities it grants them...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Rev_Bully; 10-10-2017, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Anth...correct me if i'm wrong, but did you champion the Couts to wing debate? At that time when you wanted this, did you want Schenn to be the pivot and Couts to play the boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully
                  I actually preferred they traded Schenn. You're not going to get the same return for Coots.

Coots is a terrific player...but he excels in intangible areas... Schenn put up goals.. and only in Philly does that become a negative.

For me it's interesting to see how these two.play out..

The Flyers are now so heavily invested in Coots as a top line center that Giroux ceded his spot. Giroux.

Meanwhile, Schenn couldn't get a legit shot at any Center position.

What do the Flyers of the last 2 or 3 years look like if you move G earlier and you have Coots and Schenn at 1 and 2 with Giroux, Jake, Simmonds..

You get room for a player like Laughton at 3C..

Seems like the Flyers may have had a self inflicted bottleneck...I'm curious how both players develop with the solution Hextall found.

This isn't Coots v Schenn..

It's about Hextall and the front office and how they evaluate talent and situations...the opportunities they foster...

We're gonna have a lot of solid defensemen and a good number of talented forwards..and not enough room for all of them...

Can the front office process the player pool it has and the opportunities it grants them...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
                  Good post.

Never really thought of it this way before ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                    Anth...correct me if i'm wrong, but did you champion the Couts to wing debate? At that time when you wanted this, did you want Schenn to be the pivot and Couts to play the boards?
                    Yup I had said they should move Coots to wing (I like his size on the boards and I still dont think he's shown a defining shot...he has some offensive talent..but he's not a killer)

I probably would have played him with Giroux and Voracek, let Schenn play with Simmonds and Konecny or Raffl....

I also suggested moving Giroux back to wing...but that I always felt was a long shot (especially to the opposite wing...)

...my interest in moving Coots was largely to actually see if Schenn could be a legit center in the league before moving him out..

Comment

Not going to get into comparisons, because they're pretty similiar. I will just say for the first time in years, I'm happy with the way Coots is playing. Everyone seems to havea little more jump this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X