No announcement yet.

Food for thought (Couturier/Schenn)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they have jump because there is the writing on the wall; there are hungry players who are willing to put in the work. I hope this is the start of a whole new work ethic around here.
    For the longest time players would come here to die or move on and put up great numbers, or so it seemed. Look at the fourth line, specifically Leier and Laughton. These guys are pushing and I think that it is having an effect on the whole roster.

Comment

Yup, Laughton and Leier have been sparkplugs for sure.

Comment

Couts looks far more assertive in the offensive zone so far this year. He needs to do that for an entire year. He'll never be a huge huge scorer but he can certainly hit 50 pts if he just continues to attack. I think he gets into a "contain" mindset in the offensive zone when he doesnt score for a bit.

And he's really taking the body!

Comment

Odd thought...what if moving Couturier to the top line is part of an effort to raise his value?

What if, with landing of Patrick, the Flyers are looking to move both former heirs apparent?

Say you move Couturier...(perhaps for a top end LW)....you can slide G back to center, you have Patrick, you have Laughton and Filp...with kids still on the rise...

Not sure what caused this to pop in my head...

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
            http://donttellmeaboutheart.blogspot...lue-chart.html - I always refer to this chart to get a sense of pick value

I'm just wondering how much value those picks really have. it was a #27 and their 1st rounder this year. Late first rounders are more like 2nds than 1sts. Schenn was the #5 overall... would you try the #5 overall for #27 and the blues 1st this year?

But actually according to that chart a #5 is worth a little less than #27 + #20. We also absorbed their cap problem. So maybe this was actually a fair trade. GMs are so analytical and rational!
            Unfortunatley, Brayden Schenn never played up to his draft position as a Flyer and was moved to wing, which is less valuable position wise in trades.
            If you can get actual top-5 talent in a deep draft, I would never trade that for #27 and #20.

Comment

Originally posted by starsucker View Post

Unfortunatley, Brayden Schenn never played up to his draft position as a Flyer and was moved to wing, which is less valuable position wise in trades.
              If you can get actual top-5 talent in a deep draft, I would never trade that for #27 and #20.
              It would be interesting to see average production broken out by position and draft rank. I bet 30-30 is about average for forwards taken at #5. (i'm assuming brayden will peak as a 30-30 guy, he's about there already.)

but yea anyway we're not trading the #5 we're trading a player. so is a 30-30 wing @ 5m equivalent in value to #27 and #20? I guess so.

Comment

I think Couturier's biggest issue has been that he's gotten injured after starting off seasons well, IE the last two seasons before this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Niittyzus View Post
                  I think Couturier's biggest issue has been that he's gotten injured after starting off seasons well, IE the last two seasons before this one.
                  Not sure I agree...I remember Couts playing his best late in the season (kind of pulling an Ertz the last couple of seasons). Sure looks like both are changing that pattern this season.

Comment

Updated:

Couturier: 6 games played, 4 Goal, 7 Points, 0 PPP, +9, 19:04 ATOI, 81FO, 41 FOW, 50.6 FO%

Schenn: 6 games played, 2 Goal, 6 Points, 1 PPP, +4, 19:51 ATOI, 88FO, 41 FOW, 46.6 FO%

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                      Updated:

Couturier: 6 games played, 4 Goal, 7 Points, 0 PPP, +9, 19:04 ATOI, 81FO, 41 FOW, 50.6 FO%

Schenn: 6 games played, 2 Goal, 6 Points, 1 PPP, +4, 19:51 ATOI, 88FO, 41 FOW, 46.6 FO%
                      The similarity in those stat lines is fecking crazy...

Comment

Working...
                      X