Samuel Morin Interview...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Morin Interview...

Here goes the interview from earlier today...

feel bad he was interviewed by Sam and Boruk lol

Comment

Well, if he needs to wait another year, which may be the case. Boy, will he be playing with an edge, next year. At some point, we may have to accept this as a potential reality.

Comment

I think for sure he'll see a game this year. I think its better that whichever of Sanheim and Morin got first crack that they get a few games in a row.

Will be interesting to see what happens when they're back in philly. Its almost like management couldn't decide which of the two made the club.

Comment

Big Sam said what he needed to say in the way the Flyers management will be satisfied. Now...hopefully he does get a crack at the lineup on Saturday.*

Comment

He was loaned back to the Phantoms

Comment

I feel that this is a mistake. He made some mistakes in camp, but overall, i felt his game was more steady than Sanheim's (in camp)...and what Morin brings in terms of size and aggression is more of a need for our team.

At this point, would he be the first call-up in case of an injury? And if he is, would he play, or would he sit and take over Manning's 7th dman seat?

Comment

I feel that this is a mistake. He made some mistakes in camp, but overall, i felt his game was more steady than Sanheim's (in camp)...and what Morin brings in terms of size and aggression is more of a need for our team.
                Couldn't agree more

Comment

I think it's the right thing to do. They've made the determination that they're more comfortable with Sanheim at this point. Based on camp and pre-season, I disagree with that, but once that call is made, and it's clear AMac is going to keep playing, Morin shouldn't be sitting.

AMac, frankly, hasn't been too bad so far this year. He's made a few blunders, but I wouldn't expect better play from Morin overall at this point. Based on camp and what I'm reading, Myers is also struggling to adjust in the AHL. Morin going down will help with Myers and Friedman's development.

And who knows, maybe AMac plays well enough that he can be traded with retention late in the year
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                    AMac, frankly, hasn't been too bad so far this year. He's made a few blunders, but I wouldn't expect better play from Morin overall at this point...

And who knows, maybe AMac plays well enough that he can be traded with retention late in the year
                    I agree AMac hasn't been as bad as he was last year, but i'm not sure i'd agree Morin wouldn't be outplaying him. To be totally honest, i would be shocked if Morin made as many mistakes as AMac makes game in and game out. While his game is better than last year, i think he is holding Provorov back. Also, even if Morin made as many mistakes as AMac does (and seems to be an acceptable bar on the Hakstol Meter), the difference in the two in terms of intangibles is enormous. Yes, AMac has an "A" on his shirt and is liked by his teammates, when it comes time for someone to stand up for a teammate, i'd expect AMac to go to the back of the line when needing someone get their nose dirty. I'd also bet that our goalies would much prefer having a Morin in front of them to help get to see the puck better, rather than an AMac sprawling like a starfish in the hopes that the puck hits his leg.

In terms of building AMac's value for a trade, i really believe that getting rid of him will be a more difficult magic trick than what Hexy was able to do with Vinny. I pray that Hexy does find a way, but i'm not holding my breathe....which is why i think you take care of this problem by placing him in the AHL for the duration of his contract and move on. You do what allows your team to succeed.

Comment

Working...
                    X