Samuel Morin Interview...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

In terms of building AMac's value for a trade, i really believe that getting rid of him will be a more difficult magic trick than what Hexy was able to do with Vinny. I pray that Hexy does find a way, but i'm not holding my breathe....which is why i think you take care of this problem by placing him in the AHL for the duration of his contract and move on. You do what allows your team to succeed.
    That's a lot of cap hit to eat unfortunately. They don't need it this year, but they will
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

He seems like a really good, enthusiastic kid. I feel for the guy.... There's a good chance he could have 4 years of Jr and 3 years of AHL before seeing any NHL action. Hard to imagine he could be 23 before cracking the lineup....

Even next year, I'm not sure what changes? If we assume AMac remains the golden boy, Gudas likely staying and now Provy, Ghost, Sanheim & Hagg as the new generation of defenders, where does that leave Morin? Does he become the new Manning and becomes the 7th guy who's regularly scratched?

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if the Flyers move him. I remember the behind the scene's video the Flyers did for the 2013 NHL draft. One of the scouts said something along the lines "even if we don't see value in him, someone else will." He's an asset with value. Even though this club may not "appreciate" what he brings, plenty of other teams will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFh-t4ZjEZs

Maybe I'm stuck in the 90's, but I still have a soft spot for big, nasty defencemen like Morin. Frankly, we could have used one last night....

Comment

I think the Flyers would be foolish if they moved him...big guys with mobility don't grow on trees, plus the Flyers could use some toughness on the back end that isn't a liability!

Comment

Originally posted by behn3 View Post
          I think the Flyers would be foolish if they moved him...big guys with mobility don't grow on trees, plus the Flyers could use some toughness on the back end that isn't a liability!
          I'm with you. Guys like Morin make everyone on their team 2" taller and 20 pds heavier. Heard it countess of times how guys like this give the skilled guys that extra little freedom and courage. Not to mention the opposition hearing "footsteps" the entire night...Something we haven't had in years....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
            He seems like a really good, enthusiastic kid. I feel for the guy.... There's a good chance he could have 4 years of Jr and 3 years of AHL before seeing any NHL action. Hard to imagine he could be 23 before cracking the lineup....

Even next year, I'm not sure what changes? If we assume AMac remains the golden boy, Gudas likely staying and now Provy, Ghost, Sanheim & Hagg as the new generation of defenders, where does that leave Morin? Does he become the new Manning and becomes the 7th guy who's regularly scratched?

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if the Flyers move him. I remember the behind the scene's video the Flyers did for the 2013 NHL draft. One of the scouts said something along the lines "even if we don't see value in him, someone else will." He's an asset with value. Even though this club may not "appreciate" what he brings, plenty of other teams will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFh-t4ZjEZs

Maybe I'm stuck in the 90's, but I still have a soft spot for big, nasty defencemen like Morin. Frankly, we could have used one last night....
            Yeah, I honestly don't see Morin as the odd man out if they trade a defender. I think Friedman and Myers are more to Sanheim's skill set (better defensively worse offensively, but more in Sanheim's mold). Morin fills a bigger organizational/roster need, and by his nature he'll be cheaper than Sanheim long term. So if someone gets moved, I think it's Sanheim or Myers.
            "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I think sending him down is the right thing to do. He isn't better than any of the other 6 dmen who are currently playing and I don't want him as the 7th dman up in the box. Seasons are long and it's inevitable that someone will get injured. When that happens he is the first call-up and can prove his worth then.

Comment

the game is trending smaller. skating and puck skills are way more important than size, even on the backend now. I like him, but I also I dont think it'd be a travesty if we trade him just cuz he's 6'8".

he defends great. he just needs to work a bit on his outlet passing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

I'm with you. Guys like Morin make everyone on their team 2" taller and 20 pds heavier. Heard it countess of times how guys like this give the skilled guys that extra little freedom and courage. Not to mention the opposition hearing "footsteps" the entire night...Something we haven't had in years....
                  ...gudas?

Comment

Obviously if he's not going to get ice time with the Flyers, the right move is to send him down. The question remains why he can't get ice time with the Flyers. I guess they're not comfortable rotating three rookies in two spots, preferring they all get as much time as possible.

Comment

Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer
                      @tpanotchUFA Morin exclusively plays LD. So does Provorov. Not going to pair Sam with Gudas. Right now at least, he's not playing over Ghost or Sanheim.

Dave Isaac
                      No. Morin is NHL ready. He knows it. Flyers have said it. But left side of Flyers D is Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanheim right now.
                      No, Andrew MacDonald is not the sole reason Morin is going down no matter how badly you want it to be.

I really want to see Morin against a division rival at some point this season. That or against the Leafs or Habs or Jets... and then permanently in the lineup. Obviously he needs to play so until that time happens in the NHL, this is best for him and the Flyers. Sucks though...
                      Philadelphia Flyers #1
                      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                      The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                      X