No announcement yet.

Samuel Morin Interview...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is, he should play over Sanheim...and not because Sanheim is a bad Dman or worse than Morin..

Sanheim brings to the table the exact same things 4 of the other 5 starting dmen bring...in one shade or another....

So in my head I see it this way..

Provorov and Gostisbehere are our top flight Offensive dman and 2way dman.

Morin is our physical dman (yes he's a better physical threat than Gudas).

Once you have those 3, you fill in the rest....

I take Gudas, because i like the idea of a few dmen who can knock guys down and clear crease..you need that with Elliott (people need to watch his Blues days)

So now I need 2 more and the choices are MacDonald, Hagg and Sanheim...

We're clearly not getting rid of MacD (I don't know why.)

So now I'm choosing between Sanheim and Hagg....and a lot of folks don;t want to look at it like that...it's alot easier when it's Sanheim/Morin

Is Hagg and his steady but unremarkable presence on the blueline a greater value than the riskier but with far more offensive upside Sanheim?

So now I have

Provorov - MacDonald
    Gostisbehere - Hagg
    Morin - Gudas

..and lastly...a D pairing of Gudas and Morin sounds abso-****ing-lutely brilliant...teams would try to shield players from that kind of potential destruction...

...Seriously...how is a pairing of Morin - Gudas any different than say the Blues' running Jackman and Polak?

Comment

Rev, the way you filled out the D roster is exactly how I do it as well .. .I actually said the same thing you did to my bud in Florida.
      Great minds and all ............
      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

I don't think any team can have enough dmen that drive play successfully and create offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
          I don't think any team can have enough dmen that drive play successfully and create offense.
          I think there's more than one way to drive play and create offense...

Comment

Any chance they claim Streit off waivers?

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
              Joke...right?

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ
                Uhmmm 0%?

Canít believe he even got a contract this year heís finito ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Joke...right?
                  Oui.. if bergevin has Markov on speed dial, would he need to pass thru waivers to rejoin MTL or could they just sign him?

Comment

Markov is signed to a KHL contract, so no NHL team can negotiate with hi, unless he has an out-clause that allows the KHL contract to be nulled. If that happens, he becomes a free-agent again and would be available to any team (no waivers would be in play).

Bergevin screwed up big time...and the Habs (and Bergevin, himself) are paying for it. This is a beautiful time to be alive and a hockey fan in Montreal

Comment

Thanks Lynch... Wasn't sure the process but makes sense now. I am headed up tomorrow to see the Leafs game... Should be lots of fun and I fully expect the Habs to break out if their scoring slump. Leafs D can be poor and the number of shots Mtl is getting supports it should happen

Comment

Working...
                      X