GDT: Home Opener, Caps at Flyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
    on another note, very nice anthem with Laura backed by an on ice grand piano and backup singers.
    That was my buddy playing piano.

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
      I know a lot can be blamed on: backup goalie, injuries, back to back for caps, well rested flyers, and caps playing that rookie #22 on defense tonight ... lol ... but shit happens ... itís the NHL.
      After the crap we had to put up with starting the season on a 4 game road trip, 3 of which being home openers, yea we deserved this for our home opener. And Grubauer's numbers have been damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by dogzus View Post
        Manning had a decent game. I wonder if they keep him in because of it. That certainly didn't look like a big tough Caps team that would have been too much for Sanheim.
        dunno..he looked kinda awful to me

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post

dunno..he looked kinda awful to me
          Yeah, I have to agree. Manning did not have a strong game; he along with Gudas got in trouble quite a bit. To me that's a scary pairing (not for the opposition, mind you). And MacDonald had some questionable plays as well, especially on the Caps' first goal where he was totally out of position and Provorov was left 1 on 2 at the net. Farmer was way out high between the circles chasing Ovechkin around. Not his job.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
            When was the last time we had a fourth line that can okay like that!?
            Never.

I don't recall when we ever had this much team speed either.

I was looking at the TOI stats for the Wash game. It was evenly distributed across the board. I can't remember ever seeing that before. That's how you go deep into the playoffs. Roll 4 lines, everyone contributes, everyone is strong at the end of the game. When the guys on your 4th line are only averaging 5 to 6 mins a game, that's a problem. It's not a winning formula.
            Last edited by krash; 10-15-2017, 11:22 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X