GDT 10/17/2017: Flyers vs Panthers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT 10/17/2017: Flyers vs Panthers

So can we carry over momentum from Saturday night? The only lineup change per Bill Meltzer (http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=45) is in net as Neuvirth gets his second start:

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
    40 Jordan Weal - 51 Valtteri Filppula - 17 Wayne Simmonds
    22 Dale Weise - 19 Nolan Patrick - 11 Travis Konecny
    20 Taylor Leier - 21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl

9 Ivan Provorov - 47 Andrew MacDonald
    53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg
    23 Brandon Manning- 3 Radko Gudas

30 Michal Neuvirth
    [37 Brian Elliott]

Scratches: Jori Lehterä (healthy), Travis Sanheim (healthy).

Now, I understand that coaches often don't want to rock the boat after a good game. But even in that win, I thought Manning was very shaky and Gudas is struggling so far this season. Against a team with speed like Florida, I'd love to see Sanheim back in the lineup instead of one of those two (preferably Manning). I really think Travis has played well since his first period or so of his first game, no reason to sit him for more than one game at this point. Especially for a lesser talent like Manning, who is a nice 7th defenseman and nothing more (with no upside).

I continue to dislike Weise and would much rather see Lehtera get a shot for at least a game or two, but the coaching staff seems comfortable with him for whatever reason.

Regardless, let's hope we see another strong effort and a win for Neuvirth.
    Mike Barr, Founder

Streaming on Yahoo for those who need it

Comment

Getting to watch this one down here, looking for improvement from the opening pair.

Comment

Is Couts a power forward?

Comment

Another goal for Couts. Again going to the net and great patience!

Comment

Ghost snipe!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
              Another goal for Couts. Again going to the net and great patience!
              Let's keep questioning and complaining about him all year, it seems to be working so far.

Comment

hell of a period

Comment

Apparently if you bend down and run your face into another player's stick the other player gets high sticking.

But yea, great period. You could feel it coming after that 1st. Luongo kept it 0-0 but couldn't hold the dam up for the 2nd.

Comment

AntSanPhilly
                    On his last shift on PK, Simmonds went off the ice quickly and just down the tunnel to the locker room followed by the trainer. @NHLFlyers
                    EDIT:
                    Dave Isaac
                    Simmonds has lower-body injury. Was taken out as precaution. Will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Bill Meltzer @billmeltzer
                    Per Hextall, Simmonds was taken out for precautionary reasons with LBI. Will update tomorrow or Thurs.
                    Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 10-17-2017, 11:07 PM.
                    Philadelphia Flyers #1
                    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                    The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                    X