Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMac out 4-6 weeks (and other defensive injury discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    I really hope Morin gets the call in the next few days. Manning is a #7 defenseman and a nice fill-in for short term injuries. With MacDonald (who has played decent hockey so far) out 4-6 weeks, the guy who earned it in camp should get his opportunity. I'm okay with a young, inexperienced defense. We've seen quite a few examples of young, hungry teams having great success recently. As long as the kids are ready, give them a chance.

    Pairings wise, I'd put Morin and Gostisbehere together. I've always liked the idea of that combination and envision it as a long term solution.

    Provorov-Haag
    Morin-Gostisbehere
    Sanheim-Gudas
    Mike Barr, Founder

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post

      Provorov-Haag
      Morin-Gostisbehere
      Sanheim-Gudas
      If they were gutsy enough to play two rookies together, I'd go:
      Provorov-Gudas
      Gostisbehere-Hagg
      Morin-Sanheim

      Comment


      • #23
        Flyers website says that practice had the following

        Provorov Hagg
        Ghost Gudas
        Sanheim Manning

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by swami24 View Post
          Flyers website says that practice had the following

          Provorov Hagg
          Ghost Gudas
          Sanheim Manning
          Yeah, I saw that this morning. I'm just hoping it's for tonight's game and they'll add Morin for the two game Canadian road trip. But I'm guessing they'll just go with Manning as long as possible and sing his praises about being a quality defenseman and a team player who steps up when needed, etc. They are so afraid of pushing the youth, even if they appear ready (as Morin does).
          Mike Barr, Founder

          Comment


          • #25
            I wonder how Morin feels about all of this. I know this is completely out of his control, but i wonder how much frustration is brewing in him.

            Also, for tonight's game, what is one of the dmen takes a puck to the side of the head during warm-ups. Do they have an overweight Penn State dman that they have on speed dial?

            Comment


            • #26
              Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
              Do they have an overweight Penn State dman that they have on speed dial?
              I don't think Therien went to Penn State. Too academically rigorous.

              Comment


              • #27
                Therien looks to be in better shape now than he did when played

                Comment


                • #28
                  Originally posted by Pit View Post

                  I don't think Therien went to Penn State. Too academically rigorous.
                  I think it was Providence wasn't it?

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post

                    Yeah, I saw that this morning. I'm just hoping it's for tonight's game and they'll add Morin for the two game Canadian road trip. But I'm guessing they'll just go with Manning as long as possible and sing his praises about being a quality defenseman and a team player who steps up when needed, etc. They are so afraid of pushing the youth, even if they appear ready (as Morin does).
                    Agreed Mike, it's almost as if Morin has made someone in the organization mad. Either that, or they feel there's some young guys in the AHL that need Morin around for protection.

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      as per Meltzer, Hexy said he doesn't want to call up a young d-man just to sit in the pressbox as the 7th D, but they'll evaluate the situation before the road trip.

                      If they are determined to play Manning, then that makes sense. Morin is much more useful playing in the AHL rather than sitting in the pressbox. No reason they can't call up Brennan or Alt though
                      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X