Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMac out 4-6 weeks (and other defensive injury discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
    as per Meltzer, Hexy said he doesn't want to call up a young d-man just to sit in the pressbox as the 7th D, but they'll evaluate the situation before the road trip.

If they are determined to play Manning, then that makes sense. Morin is much more useful playing in the AHL rather than sitting in the pressbox. No reason they can't call up Brennan or Alt though
    Except I think it would make the MOST sense to call up Morin and let him play, keeping Manning at #7. You have a 4-6 week window to see if he can handle it, and it's still early in the season. Why not?

Brennan is a defensive liability and that probably wouldn't sit well with Hakstol's approach. Alt would be fine if you're just calling him up to be the extra guy and possibly not play at all (unless there's an injury).
    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Hextall, upon being asked about how the fans get on AMac, "It's not fair."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
        Brennan is a defensive liability and that probably wouldn't sit well with Hakstol's approach.
        He's an AHL Any Elmore except he never even had a D in his name to begin with.

Comment

Yikes, I guess we all didn't realize what Amac meant to this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post

Except I think it would make the MOST sense to call up Morin and let him play, keeping Manning at #7. You have a 4-6 week window to see if he can handle it, and it's still early in the season. Why not?

Brennan is a defensive liability and that probably wouldn't sit well with Hakstol's approach. Alt would be fine if you're just calling him up to be the extra guy and possibly not play at all (unless there's an injury).
            Once again I agree. I think last night was a perfect illustration of how much we still lack against bigger physical teams. I love our speed, but when you have physical disappointments like Wiese for an example (who I wrongfully thought turned the corner), then that deficit needs to be made up somewhere. We're arguably sitting on the most physical player in the minor leagues in Morin, when his presence is sorely needed.

Comment

I would rather have Andy Mac than Manning. I can't understand why we dress this guy or the love affair the team has with him.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

He's tough, works hard, physical....blah blah blah...

Comment

No Morin call-up yet...so they're going to Canada with 6 defensemen for the two games. After watching Manning against Anaheim, I'd have called up Morin immediately. He was absolutely awful, even moreso than the rest of the team IMO. That one goal where he was the left defenseman and for some reason drifted all the way to the right, leaving a clean lane for the forward, was brutal. Complete fundamental breakdown. I have nothing personal against the guy, he's just not good enough to play as a regular. A rookie isn't going to make more mistakes than he does already.
                  Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I for one pray that one of the dmen gets sick in pregame...nothing major...just enough to not be able to play in the game. The way Flyers management has handled Morin, i think they deserve to face a very difficult situation.

Comment

Coach Hak loves Manning. From #7 dman to playing third most amongst dmen against the Sens. Manning is this year's CVV.

Comment

Working...
                      X