Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMac out 4-6 weeks (and other defensive injury discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morin has a nagging injury and if he can't go, Alt is coming up as per Dave Isaac at USA Today (see TSN Ice Chips)

Comment

Not a great time to be a Flyers defenseman.

Comment

Well, that de-escalated quickly.

Bummer. Have been curious to see Morin get his chance

Comment

Man do we suddenly look depleted on the blue line. With AMac, Ghost and Morin all out, we're down to Provorov, Haag, Sanheim, Gudas, Manning and Alt. As poorly as both Gudas and Manning have been playing, that's kind of scary. Hope it doesn't cost us in a game we should absolutely win tonight. The Coyotes are terrible -- 0-10-1. That's right, not a single win. Simply can't piss away these two points.
          Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Alt looked good out there I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BurbsOfPhiladelphia View Post
              Alt looked good out there I thought.
              yea i was surprised. looked better than sanheim.

Comment

Before Sanheim's gaffe in OT, he rushed the puck into the Yotes' zone with amazing ease and took a solid shot. I'm ok with him making mistakes as long as he continues to stay confident and pushing the play.

Regarding Morin, Hexy had an interesting quote today (pulled from NBC Sports Philly):

"Our intention was to recall him," Hextall said. "Sam's a tough guy and didn't disclose 100 percent of his injury because he plays through things and he's got a little nick that's going to keep him out here for a bit. Not days. Maybe a couple weeks."
                The timing of this is just brutal. I just wonder how things would have been dealt with if he would have played while Ghost was out and clearly showed he brought something special to the lineup. Then when Ghost came back, the decision was clear that he helps this team win games more than Manning, so took the #6 role. Then AMac came back...how would they have handled that situation? I know...Morin to the AHL and AMac back with Provy. Happy times for Hakstol.

Comment

So did they only find this injury because he was recalled and the Flyers staff examined him or something? Is the Phantoms staff incompetent? I guess if Morin doesn't say anything it's hard to catch.

Comment

Really sucks for him! but there's still 72 games left. and these wont be the last injuries to the defense we have.

Honestly, after 9 games i'm not sure Sanheim is ready. When Morin is healthy I would like him to get his own 10-game stint over Sanheim. Travis needs more seasoning against men imo.

Comment

Yeah from everything I have read this really looks like it is on Morin for not disclosing his injury. He probably thought he could play through it.

Comment

Working...
                      X