After 10 Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
    For this team to succeed, we don't need to have Giroux, Couts and Voracek playing on the same line. Why can't we see something like:

Giroux - Couts - Konecny
    Simmonds - Patrick - Voracek
    Weal - Filppula - Weise
    Leier - Laughton - Raffl

TBH, I'm not a big fan of the 3rd line here...maybe switch Raffl with Weise.
    Simmonds has never looked good in his stints on LW. He has a hard time playing the off wing.
    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
      For this team to succeed, we don't need to have Giroux, Couts and Voracek playing on the same line
      First time Couts looks like an offensive threat in the NHL. First time in last 3 years Giroux and Voracek look like the players the team is paying for.

It's not a question of what the team needs, it's a question of if those 3 can be successful away from each other.

All recent data points to no.

That is concerning.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

First time Couts looks like an offensive threat in the NHL. First time in last 3 years Giroux and Voracek look like the players the team is paying for.

It's not a question of what the team needs, it's a question of if those 3 can be successful away from each other.

That is concerning.
        I agree that recent data points to no, but I think it's possible as younger forwards develop they may be able to be successfully split and productive later on.

I wouldn't break up the top line right now, but next season or later this season if offense seems to be grinding to a halt and Patrick progresses...

Giroux-Couturier-Simmonds
        Konecny/Weal-Patrick-Voracek

Konecny-Couturier-Voracek
        Giroux-Patrick-Simmonds

Those could be options to try. Right now though I'm really liking Giroux-Coots-Voracek.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

my concern is the pairing of Ivan and Hagg...still a lot of inexperience in that pairing, Ivan is still going to make mistakes here and there and Hagg certainly will as a rookie...I know AMac is out and that only leaves Radko and Manning as our most experienced D-Men...but if Manning has to play, I'd rather see him with Hagg if nothing else than the fact he has more experience and can be told simply to cover for Hagg...

if there is anything that we might need at this point in terms of players...perhaps an experienced stay at home D-man who can help guys like Hagg (and Morin when he gets the call) go out there relaxed and simply play their game...

Comment

Hagg is a +7 right now.

Comment

Visiting the team statistics page and sorting by +/- leaves me with more questions than answers. Next best D is Manning at +5!

Provorov at -2 because he has the hardest matchups?

Sanheim worst at -4. Had a few rough games.

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
                but if Manning has to play, I'd rather see him with Hagg if nothing else than the fact he has more experience and can be told simply to cover for Hagg...
                Manning makes too many ill-advised pinches and bone-headed decisions. I wouldn't expect him to be able to cover for a rookie. He either doesn't seem to be able to listen or no one is telling him what he needs to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

Manning makes too many ill-advised pinches and bone-headed decisions. I wouldn't expect him to be able to cover for a rookie. He either doesn't seem to be able to listen or no one is telling him what he needs to hear.
                  yeah, and therein lies the problem! That's why if there is one player that we might potentially need (at least for the short term), imo, it would be a dependable stay at home Veteran on D...I don't know, maybe Matt Read, Manning and a pick gets you that guy...but most likely not...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

That is concerning.
                    I don't see how that is concerning? If the 3 have been *unsuccessful* (which I would argue is not true) over the past 3 years, then why is it concerning they are now successful together? To me that just sounds like Hak finally found a good line fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

I don't see how that is concerning? If the 3 have been *unsuccessful* (which I would argue is not true) over the past 3 years, then why is it concerning they are now successful together? To me that just sounds like Hak finally found a good line fit.
                      The problem...as it exists with this team...is a failure to develop talent. A hesitance to rely on youth and an eagerness to plug in vets and "good guys"

This isn;t a Hak issue, it existed before he became coach....it's a hockey issue, especially for Philly...

This team continues to limp along...and while that first line is nice..it's at the expense of the two lines directly below it..

They're swimming in circles and deathly afraid of taking chances...

...and now there's some confusion as to whether Morin gets a chance to play with Gudas out?

This is very literally a Clarkie redux...

...and you believe Giroux, Voracek and to some degree Couturier delivered as expected or better fo the bulk of the previous 3 seasons? I'd suggest looking back over the numbers...
                      Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-20-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X