Flyers-Sens October 26 GIFs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyers-Sens October 26 GIFs

Real shaky night for Neuvirth.,,,but maybe an even shakier night for the refs and the NHL review process.

This one was the first one (could be blamed on a screen).

The defence didn't help Neuvirth.

Exhibit #1 of a questionable review.

This was called a boarding major. How is this boarding??

And finally...Exhibit #2 of a review that didn't work the way it should have (the refs saw the play as having been "complete"...so no goal (what???)...assuming this might be a French ref).

That last disallowed goal was COMPLETE crap. They were trying to make up a reason to disallow it. The play was complete? What the hell does that even mean? I guess it's because they took out the "intent to blow the whistle" rule; the ref decided to put it back in with different verbage. Hakstol was talking about it in the post game and really could not understand why it was not allowed. At least the goalie interference one by the book was the right call (though to me they need to consider the spirit of the rule, which is the player interfering with the goalie's ability to make the save).

And yes, the Gudas call was a reputation thing. Honestly, it wasn't much different from the hit that injured Patrick the other night. His left arm is up, but is not the point of contact. They called it because it's Gudas, the guy hit the boards and reached for his face. It wasn't even a penalty, let alone a major.

That being said, the defense was very shaky and Neuvirth let up a couple of questionable goals. Plus the team didn't come out firing which is disappointing coming off a very flat performance the other night. They didn't pick it up until the second period. Nonetheless, they should have gotten at least the one point but the referee took that away.
    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I really hope that the team shows up at the START of the Leafs game. If they don't, that one will be a total sh!tshow.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450
        I really hope that the team shows up at the START of the Leafs game. If they don't, that one will be a total sh!tshow.
        Iím afraid to watch this one (Leafs game).

And I have so many friends and family who are leafs fans and coming out of the closet after twenty years of ineptitude ... Iíll never hear the end of it if they get smoked

Iím hoping for a close game

*fingers crossed*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wasn't the call on Gudas charging and not boarding?
          Dude, I just spent the afternoon in Middle-earth with glee-glop and the floopty-doos, all right? Give me a f**king break.

Comment

And no.call on a the textbook. 4 min boarding hit on Ghost tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by swami24
              And no.call on a the textbook. 4 min boarding hit on Ghost tonight...
              Canít believe in this day and age there was no call on that play ... and yet they donít miss any ticky tacky taps on the wrists or even gayer face off violations .... but a guy gets crushed from behind and is hurt? Thatís all good ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X