Flyers Trade Rumors (Eklund)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
    Eklund or not, some of these are entirely plausible. Some of you need to relax a bit with the "it's Eklund" crap. I don't really care where a rumour comes from as long as it seems entirely plausible. There are teams like Montreal and Edmonton who are in a funk and are a bit desperate to try to turn things around. Edmonton sucks right now and that doesn't look good in the McDavid era. Montreal is also under the gun and anyone who watches any of their games knows they need some young defensemen.

A rumour is just that, a rumour. If it happens, great. If not, great. It's a discussion board for **** sakes.
    Discussion is cool obviously, but I think it's entirely reasonable to be dismissive when it's a guy who literally never gets anything right. The guy has literally made a career out of people giving his website hits simply because he makes up shit that is "plausible."

That's why I said, we might as well make up our own trade proposals based on the needs/wants of other teams, because using Eklund as a source for a rumor is going to cause automatic dismissal, and rightfully so.

Comment

Only to a few people like yourself. There are others who "discuss" potential trades. I haven't seen him post "Ovechkin for Sanhiem E5" so give it a break. There are some rumours worth discussion for some of us on this board. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread and keep your comments to yourself. This is getting old.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

To completely dismiss something just because of the source when it's entirely possible that there are discussions going on between these teams is just taking shots because it's Eklund. People shouldn't be dissed because they think this type of rumour makes sense and would like to hear input from others regarding this scenario.

If it is a possibility then why not? Do you think he would be rediculed for posting the particulars of the trade that just happened? Suppose he posted this exact trade three days ago, many on here would say he's out to lunch because of the return Colorado got. Borderline rediculous return for Sakic. So yeah, things can happen in trade scenario's. I am getting tired of reading the kind of responses I am seeing for anyone posting an Eklund type thread. We get it, you don't like it. It's says it RIGHT IN THE HEADING. So there's no excuse for commenting really if you don't want to read it, stay out of it. Easy to do.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Only to a few people like yourself. There are others who "discuss" potential trades. I haven't seen him post "Ovechkin for Sanhiem E5" so give it a break. There are some rumours worth discussion for some of us on this board. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread and keep your comments to yourself. This is getting old.
          Really not understanding the aggressive tone that you've chosen to go with. This isn't a "few" people who think Eklund isn't worth discussing. It's literally the majority. The guy doesn't post anything legitimate ever. There's nothing to "give a break" about. Like you said, "It's a discussion board for **** sakes" so I'm discussing Eklund as a rumor site.

To completely dismiss something just because of the source when it's entirely possible that there are discussions going on between these teams is just taking shots because it's Eklund. People shouldn't be dissed because they think this type of rumour makes sense and would like to hear input from others regarding this scenario.

If it is a possibility then why not? Do you think he would be rediculed for posting the particulars of the trade that just happened? Suppose he posted this exact trade three days ago, many on here would say he's out to lunch because of the return Colorado got. Borderline rediculous return for Sakic. So yeah, things can happen in trade scenario's. I am getting tired of reading the kind of responses I am seeing for anyone posting an Eklund type thread. We get it, you don't like it. It's says it RIGHT IN THE HEADING. So there's no excuse for commenting really if you don't want to read it, stay out of it. Easy to do.
          It's not taking shots just because it's Eklund. If any other legitimate rumor site posted something, that would be one thing. No one is posting it. So it's Eklund baiting people for clicks, which is entirely what his site is. That's not taking shots, it's reality. And to be abundantly clear, I'm not, nor have I ever, bashed the OP. I'm bashing Eklund, because he deserves it.

As for the "what if" scenario of if he posted the Colorado trade, that's the problem that you're not getting in your aggressive responses. Eklund is never right. So yes, he would be ridiculed, and then whatever he said would not actually happen because it never does. The things he "gets right" are things that are posted elsewhere first and literally already done by the time he posts it as a rumor.

And now it's not "a discussion board for **** sakes" because I'm only allowed to post if I agree with your stance that Eklund is worthy of discussion? People can only discuss things they agree with? By that token, aren't you supposed to ignore my comments if you don't like them? If you don't want to read my comments, then don't? That's the message you're sending here now, right?

You're insanely over aggressive here evee, and without cause. People can disagree that Eklund is worthy of discussion, even as a starting point. And that's the point I was making that you decided to ignore simply because you chose to stop reading after my negative comments about Eklund. Again, if someone posted this as a proposed trade idea, because the logic makes sense to them, that will gain traction as a discussion. When it starts with "Eklund said..." then it's going to get negative responses for all the reasons that have been laid out. It doesn't matter if the logic makes sense. That's why Eklund is what he is. He posts clickbait BS that people read because it makes just enough sense. So one last time, if someone asks... "hey, what do you think of us and Montreal possibly making a trade... would anyone be interested in us getting Galchenyuk if the package included Sanheim?" that's going to get a different response than "Hey, Eklund said..."

Jesus Christ man. Dunno why you have such an issue about this.

I love discussing rumors. I find trades to be one of the most exciting things about hockey. But in the world of the internet, where every dumbass with a Twitter account calls himself an Insiderr and gets hits, you have to know who's reliable in order for the discussion to even make any sense.

I didn't see anyone posting about this "rumor" on Twitter on June 16:
          "*BREAKING* #Sabres have deal in place to trade Kane, Lehner, 8th overall and a 4th to #Flyers for Gostisbehere, Voracek, Cousins, and a 5th"

You know why? Because credibility matters.
          Last edited by dsl135; 11-06-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

So don't go in the thread then. Easy as pie. Who made you the bulletin board anti Eklund Police? Really, the gist of my post is quite simple. Respect others rights to post what they want, there is no need for you to be negative in every Eklund thread, we get it, move along.

Comment

I hate to defend Eklund, but he basically called the Richards and Carter deals before anyone else had the slightest inkling that they were going to be traded. By the nature of dealing in rumors you're dealing with somethings that are made up, somethings that might have been discussed but never happen, somethings that are mostly accurate but include some guessing, and very very few that actually come to fruition.

There are very very few guys that deal in rumors that have any real credibility; I can really only think of Bob McKenzie and that's tertiary to what he does.

My position is that as long as it's not ludicrous and might make for interesting discussion, it's worth posting and is no different that a made up trade proposal. At the same time, I get why some people aren't interested in talking rumors or Eklund rumors, and I took no offense to someone indicating they think it's stupid to discuss.
              "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I am starting to take offense to it. I don't think I will be allowing it anymore, there is little to none in terms of moderation of this board but I am getting tired of posters who know very well what the thread is about going into it to belittle the post, original poster or the source. We all know what we are dealing with in Eklund, some of us would like to discuss the rumour even though we are aware of the source. No different that making up a hypothetical trade rumour. Coming into a thread with little or nothing to offer other than "this is Eklund and why do people post it" is wearing thin with me. Rumours are rumours, some come to fruition, some don't, and some are absurd but it's discussion. Posters have left because of this type of attitude and we are left without their opinions and insight. It shouldn't be about the source, look at the actual proposal, if it's ludicrous than fine point it out, but don't just come into the thread with "it's Eklund, why is this here."

Comment

So don't go in the thread then. Easy as pie. Who made you the bulletin board anti Eklund Police? Really, the gist of my post is quite simple. Respect others rights to post what they want, there is no need for you to be negative in every Eklund thread, we get it, move along.
                  The fact that you canít see the irony in your post is hilarious.

I never said Iím the Eklund police.

You say to let people post what they want and ignore it if you donít like it and yet youíre attacking me for posting something you donít like lol. The only person who has been aggressive and rude in this thread is you, sir.

How bout this, Iím gonna continue to comment on posts that I want to comment on and you can go ahead and ignore it if you donít like it lol. Iím sure youíll respect my right to post what I want right? Good.

Comment

I've mentioned this before, but I actually graduated high school with "Eklund." It's actually two people (both from my class...one of them I see from time to time as he plays in my ice hockey league). While he does throw a lot of stuff out there, he also has legitimate sources. Bill Meltzer knows him as well and knows his sources too.

95% of the rumors never amount to anything, regardless of the source. But I agree with Darcy/Elab...it doesn't hurt anyone to discuss them if they're not totally ridiculous.
                    Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I have said what I wanted to say. I also own the board. I won't tolerate BS attack posts. It's not an unreasonable ask to keep the negative crap out of it. Like I said, we all know who Eklund is.
                      Last edited by evee1234; 11-06-2017, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X