Flyers Trade Rumors (Eklund)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
    I have said what I wanted to say. I also own the board. I won't tolerate BS attack posts. It's not an unreasonable ask to keep the negative crap out of it. Like I said, we all know who Eklund is.
    Good. I said what I wanted to say too and I also never attacked anyone. Let’s hold everyone to that same standard.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
      Just to mix things up.

Flyers interested in Galchenyuk. Habs interested in Sanheim (or, likely, any defenseman under 35 with a pulse).

Edmonton interested in Morin, Sanheim, and Ghost. Flyers have zero interest in trading Ghost.

My take, Galchenyuk is too much of a risk and too expensive. I see what the Flyers young forwards are doing and how their prospects are doing, and I see no reason to take a substantial risk on another young forward especially at the expense of one of our forward prospects.

Edmonton is a little more interesting re Sanheim and Morin, but I don't see the level of young prospects I'd want in return for either Morin or Sanheim. Puljujarvi seems somewhat like a big risk at this point, Yamamoto a little bit too much of the same
      Getting back on track, Galchenyuk would be pretty much all Montreal has to offer. The moved their younger Dmen this season, Sergachev for Drouin, Beaulieu for a pick. They have Victor Mete and are pretty high on him. The question would be if Galchenyuk would do better away from Montreal, is he worth one of our high end young D? It would suck if he wasn't just in a slump but the current player is the player you get lol.

Edmonton would be interesting, Puljujarvi is a third overall pick as well and formed a big part of that Fin five. He won the MVP in the WJC's and looked pretty good while doing it. I think it would take a decent package to get him. Should we? Definitely I think he's a better fit long term than Chucky. Would be interesting to deal with Edmonton because they are out of conference and are in need of something we are deep in at the moment. Morin + for JP? I think I would do it, he was pretty good in the under 18 WJC and fit's into what Hexy is trying to do.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Also, with my girlfriend a Habs fan, I have watched a lot of their games this season. They are horrid on defense aside from Weber and Mete. Very streaky scoring coming from the forwards lol. Both Montreal and Edmonton will soon be in panic mode and prone to do a deal to try and right their ships. Elliot Freidman took some lumps for suggesting Pacioretty straight up for Ryan Nugent Hopkins a week or so ago, where there is smoke there is usually fire.

https://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/10/22/...ocksbuster-tr/
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

In my opinion, I'm not sure I understand the league-wide fascination with Galchenyuk and his situation. I guess it's because he's still young and a former first round pick.

I mean... looking at it, he had a nice rookie year in the OHL. Then he lost a year to injury it looks like (?). Then he had a great 33 game, injury shortened year. I guess it would've been interesting to see him in that whole season.

Because honestly, I don't see anything in his game to suggest he's an offensive star in the making. He's a "nice" player, but I don't think he's even necessarily someone I'd want to build a 2nd line around, especially with his attitude issues as well. Certainly some of that can be attributed to mismanagement or constantly being shuffled around the lineup, but I suppose that can become a chicken vs. egg situation.

In all, I wouldn't be angry if the Flyers were to make a move for him, but I don't think I'd want them giving up one of their young D for him without something else significant coming back, given the premium for young D in the league.

Comment

https://www.gohabsgo.com/2017/11/03/...claude-julien/

Markov gone, Radulov gone, nixed Shipyachev, etc. (Julien doesn't like Russians according to agent)
            Last edited by evee1234; 11-06-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

Morin + for JP? I think I would do it, he was pretty good in the under 18 WJC and fit's into what Hexy is trying to do.
              Pass...I'm not trading Morin. His game is badly needed by the Flyers. I might be in the minority in believing in the impact Morin will have on our team.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Pass...I'm not trading Morin. His game is badly needed by the Flyers. I might be in the minority in believing in the impact Morin will have on our team.
                Yep badly needed. F Edmonton.
                Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

What if they Oilers gave us Puljujärvi straight up for big Sam?

Comment

I'd rather not trade Sam. Gudas is our only tough D man (fights, hits, nasty edge). I believe we need more than 1 of our 6 D men to be that type of intimidating.

​​​​​​Unless we get Laine or Eichel, or that type of overpayment, I wouldn't move Sam.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
                      What if they Oilers gave us Puljujärvi straight up for big Sam?
                      That would be something to consider. Hexy seems to not be a big fan of Sam for some reason. Reluctant to bring him up. Puljujarvi would be intriguing.

Comment

Working...
                      X