Flyers Trade Rumors (Eklund)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
    I'd rather not trade Sam. Gudas is our only tough D man (fights, hits, nasty edge). I believe we need more than 1 of our 6 D men to be that type of intimidating.

​​​​​​Unless we get Laine or Eichel, or that type of overpayment, I wouldn't move Sam.
    Agree, the team is still on the "smallish" side. I'm a believer in having a good balance of size, especially for playoff runs. I think this team has the potential for a playoff run too.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

That would be something to consider. Hexy seems to not be a big fan of Sam for some reason. Reluctant to bring him up. Puljujarvi would be intriguing.
      Straight up I think you have to make that trade. Puljujarvi has far too much upside not to do that. I think Morin will be a solid piece of our defense and brings a great physical element and size that is almost impossible to replace, but I do think his upside is limited, he may still end up as only a 5/6, and the size and degree of physicality are more luxury than necessity,
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Straight up I think you have to make that trade. Puljujarvi has far too much upside not to do that. I think Morin will be a solid piece of our defense and brings a great physical element and size that is almost impossible to replace, but I do think his upside is limited, he may still end up as only a 5/6, and the size and degree of physicality are more luxury than necessity,
        Exactly. These suggestions that we don't deal him unless we get a legit #1C/W back are hilarious.

Dude is projected to be a 5/6 guy at the NHL level. I don't care if he's 8'10", no one is dealing proven first line talent for a bottom pairing D-man (and I'm a Morin fan).

Comment

I expect Morin to have a better NHL career than Puljujarvi. Maybe i'm looking at this with O&B tinted glasses...but i expect Morin to be a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
            I expect Morin to have a better NHL career than Puljujarvi. Maybe i'm looking at this with O&B tinted glasses...but i expect Morin to be a monster.
            I don't really see that happening. I think he will be a fun guy to have on the PK and in a 5-6 role, but I doubt he ever becomes more than that. He is on year 5 since his draft year, and while he was labeled a project from the beginning I think the door is slowly closing on how big of an impact NHL he will be.

Comment

Very typical in Flyer land to start talking trade too early about a a young player with potential,

Comment

So we should be the Islanders? Remember Chara.....Not saying Morin will be Chara but D take a long time to develop...Bigger D men even longer. I think if it wasnt for so many good young Dmen he would already be on the team. Hell if he wasnt hurt he would be on the team right now. We FINALLY have some good D prospects. Nearly my entire life I have waited for the Flyers to have more than 1 or 2 decent Dmen. The last one I was really exited for was Pitkanen! We have the potential for 4-5 very good young Dmen all in their primes. Once they are established we can trade one of them for proven forward talent.

Hell even the forwards seem pretty decent right now. We do really need 1 or 2 forward prospects to step it up as we are very limited there IMO however on the big club things look pretty good. Now if we can get a good goalie in his prime or about to be in his prime I say move ANY of the young D guys except maybe Ghost. However I would move Ghost for the right goalie! (obviously Provorov is totally untouchable)

Comment

The trade talk regarding Morin is bullshit but it's only human to start being more critical about the development curve of a prospect five years after being drafted... when other players of his draft class are already on the verge of becoming NHL veterans, having played multiple seasons as regulars.

I still believe Morin will have a successful career in the NHL but as a role player. The two-way puck moving ability that hasn't emerged until now won't suddently appear in a couple of years. That ship has sailed.

Comment

Originally posted by starsucker View Post
                    ... The two-way puck moving ability that hasn't emerged until now won't suddently appear in a couple of years. That ship has sailed.
                    I respectfully disagree that his 2 way puck moving skills aren't there. People who have watched him in LV seem think his first pass is very good, his shot from the point is heavy, and of course we love his physical D shut down ability.

Clearly it was a numbers game that kept him from starting the season, and now this little injury pushed him back as well.

IMO I'd rather move Meyer at this stage than Morin. I have a sneaky suspicion that he's gonna have a SHORT NHL career, or very ineffective, because of injuries.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                      IMO I'd rather move Meyer at this stage than Morin. I have a sneaky suspicion that he's gonna have a SHORT NHL career, or very ineffective, because of injuries.
                      Myers is injured for the second time this season (and he also got dinged up in preseason). I agree...if there is a guy to dangle amongst the dmen, its him. He has a ton of skills...but is a fragile human being.

Comment

Working...
                      X