Flyers Trade Rumors (Eklund)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    hagg is way more than a 6/7. He's a solid 4 already in my book. very impressed by his game especially with such little nhl experience.
    Yeah the notion of Hagg topping out at as a 6/7 seems nuts to me. I guess you can argue whether or not his sample size is large enough to say he's top 4 already, but I think there's absolutely no doubt that he's objectively a solid bottom pairing defender already at this point.
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Among that group of defensemen/prospects -- if every one of them reaches their peak projections -- I could see Hägg ending up being an awesome 6/7 ...
      ... on a team with all of those players ahead of him (Provorov, Gostisbehere, Sanheim, Myers, Morin/Gudas) in what each can bring to a unit, as well as (big, unrealistic assumption) they would all be healthy together ...
      ... and I'd actually be thrilled if Hägg ended up so far down on the depth chart solely as a function of those others surpassing him. (And I'm a big Hägg fan, btw)

But my post was not focused toward ranking but more trying to figure roles for those defensemen in explaining why I'd be most-inclined for moving either of Sanheim or Myers if the right offer came along, based solely on seeing them like enough to each other in their potential roles.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
        Can anyone name the last time Sam scored 40 points on any team?
        Chara scored 17 points in 71 games in the AHL when he was 21 to 22. Morin scored 19 points in 76 games in the AHL as a 20 year old and 16 points in 74 games as a 21 year old. Also, Chara did not do anything of significance at the NHL level until his 24/25 year old season. Morin just turned 22 so he has some time to develop. Just sayin.

Anyway, I don't think Morin will be a Chara type anyway. I have been saying that I think he will be a better skating Darian Hatcher. Hatcher never put up a ton of point but he put up plenty of 20-30 point seasons with a ton of PIMs. That sounds great to me.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
          I have been saying that I think he will be a better skating Darian Hatcher. Hatcher never put up a ton of point but he put up plenty of 20-30 point seasons with a ton of PIMs. That sounds great to me.
          Exactly what we should all be focusing on. Don't worry about the points...that is what the other dmen are there for. Sam will give our goalies eyes again, while making everyone in the lineup two inches taller and 20lbs heavier.

Comment

Working...
          X