3 way trade to finally end Duchene rumors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 way trade to finally end Duchene rumors

Ottawa Senators acquire forward Matt Duchene; Nashville Predators acquire Kyle Turris; Colorado Avalanche acquire forwards Shane Bowers and Vladislav Kamenev, goaltender Andrew Hammond, defenseman Samuel Girard, 2018 first-round pick, 2018 second-round pick and a 2019 third-round pick

Looks like Nashville is really trying to go all in on getting back to the cup this season
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Am I the only one impressed with the return Sakic received? Wow...

To Colorado: OTT 1st-round pick, OTT 3rd-round pick, C Shane Bowers, G Andrew Hammond (from Ottawa); NSH 2nd-round pick, D Samuel Girard, LW Vladislav Kamenev (from Nashville).

Comment

Yeah it's a pretty huge haul. They didn't get the step in top pairing d-man they wanted but Girard is pretty highly touted prospect. It will really come down to how all the prospects develop.

Comment

This is like one of those trade proposals you see on a message board where two teams totally address needs and another team barely upgrades/treads water in their lineup while losing assets.

In this deal, Ottawa is that team getting taken behind the woodshed.

Comment

Love what Sakic did here...did he maximize the return by having a 3-way rather than the traditional 2-way deal?

Comment

I still say Sakic needs to go. He basically took way too long on this entire thing. Nice friggin return but he got lucky finding a GM in Ottawa that was desperate enough to do a deal like this. He's bad for the team, the players, and the League as a whole.
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

While Ottawa gave up a lot, they still got the best player in the deal and a 1st line C. He is a younger better version of Turris who appeared to have no desire to resign with Ottawa unless it was on an 8 year deal.

Comment

I know that some big time NHL Insiders who question is Duchene is a real #1C or a better #1W.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
                  While Ottawa gave up a lot, they still got the best player in the deal and a 1st line C. He is a younger better version of Turris who appeared to have no desire to resign with Ottawa unless it was on an 8 year deal.
                  I don't really see duchene as a 1C. he's only broken 70 pts once, and 60 pts only twice. whats all the hype about? yes he's younger, and better by the numbers, but not by much. what is essentially two firsts and a third seems like a ton to give up just to upgrade turris a wee bit.

Comment

Could he play better in a place where he actually WANTS to play? I know they are professionals but I mean being happy at work or miserable......
                    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Working...
                    X