No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers @ Wild

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true but that wasn't the case early on, Simmer, Filp. TK, were all scoring..didn't Val Fip lead the league in PP goals for about 2 days? Simmer hasn't scored in 8-9 games? something weird is a foot...two shutouts in a row from the team that hung 8 on Wash..and scored 5 against the Preds...

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post
      ... Split up G and Couturier and maybe you end up with a second line that can do something.
      Without G and Jake, Couts is a terrible 2nd line player. Taking him off doesn't help the team. He's feeding off of those 2 and it's good.

TK needs a big body to help dig and grind. Put him with Simmer. Add Patrick and you've got a great 2nd line..... Oh yeah, Patrick has been hurt.

Weal, Lehtera and Flip might generate some chances AND be pretty good on the D side.

Leir, Laughton, and Weise is a great 4th energy line that can go against any top unit.

"Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

Leir, Laughton, and Weise is a great 4th energy line that can go against any top unit.
        You'd rather have Weise in the lineup than Raffl?

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

You'd rather have Weise in the lineup than Raffl?
          Oops..... I forgot about him. Ok buyout Weise, insert Raffl.
          "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Need secondary scoring in a big way. Need primary scoring in a big way against Dubnick. This team really really sucks aside from one line. Where has Simmonds gone? The entire botton 6 can be easily replaced by pylons.
            Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
              they showed a stat before the game started..disturbing....right now we are a one line team(again)
              And that's why we are having trouble scoring now. Teams have tape on our PP and top line and can hone in on them knowing that we have a lack of scoring depth all-around.

Comment

Oops..... I forgot about him. Ok buyout Weise, insert Raffl.
                I'm in on this...let's make this happen.

Comment

I know we are rebuilding and I have been patient but when a team like Minnesota completely exposes this one dimensional one line team filled with pluggers past the 2nd line, I think it's time to address the wings with a trade from our strength on D. So brutal watching these guys skate around the perimeter hoping to get a shot. We need another Tim Kerr type player.
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

- I think we need to develop a go-to split lineup for when we play a team with a strong shutdown pairing at home. most teams have that kind of thing, where you'll split up your two best forwards so that atleast one doesn't get the top pairing on the other team. its situational. like sometimes crosby and malkin are out together, sometimes not. like g/couts/weal - simmonds/jake/konecny when we need to spread it out. jake can anchor a line.
                    - it does sorta feel like the same thing is happening as last year regarding scoring where it gradually dissipated over time. I think our defense is still struggling to make clear breakouts other than ghost and prov (mostly). Our passing is not crisp right now and that makes it very hard to score. NHL defenses adapt instantly, one fumbled puck and your window is over.
                    - I also think hak isn't putting the right forwards together on second and third lines...there's got to be a combination of simmonds, weal, konecny, patrick, and filppula that can score consistently. I would forget trying to make us a 4 line team and just find a 2nd scoring line and leave the scraps to sit on the 3rd. I dont care if our 3rd line sucks, we need a scoring second that clicks.

Comment

Without G and Jake, Couts is a terrible 2nd line player. Taking him off doesn't help the team. He's feeding off of those 2 and it's good.

TK needs a big body to help dig and grind. Put him with Simmer. Add Patrick and you've got a great 2nd line..... Oh yeah, Patrick has been hurt.

Weal, Lehtera and Flip might generate some chances AND be pretty good on the D side.

I was going to reply but then I saw what Clumsy said and pretty much that.

Comment

Working...
                      X