GDT: Flyers @ Jets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post
    Elliot played very well ... except in the skills competition.

Can anyone other than the first line score? Answer ó- no.

Barely heard Patrickís name mentioned last night ...

This team is clearly not making the playoffs ⚠️

Continue the rebuild and sell off any parts which might bring something back of future value ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patrick is rookie and hasn't played in weeks, certainly you didn't expect a Hat Trick did you?

Comment

A few thoughts:

We have ZERO secondary scoring.

Where has Brayden Schenn been? The dude has been invisible all year. Oh wait, he's playing for a real coach and has 25 pts (on pace for 100?). Thankfully we got two late 1st round picks. Those should come in handy 5 years from now....

Patrick with another strong performance. 7 min of ice, 1 for 9 in the circle and on pace to hit 25 pts.

Simmer, TK, Weal feel free any day now....

I think Hexy needs to draft more 2-way forwards. I'm really concerned with the "run and gun offence" we've show the last few years. We need to be more responsible and accountable!

Gudas - does he have a brain? Serious question? Is there anything up there at all? 5-7 games?

Make sure we don't shake things up. Keep towing the line. Please no call ups. Hopefully Morin should be "ready" by 2020.

If I was Hextall, I'd also explore picking up some more vets and bad contracts. Move out the younger guys and make a big splash in 2022 when all the bad contracts come off the books.

Don't worry boys, it will all be worth it....trust the process....

Comment

Hexy.... The only thing I'll debate with is Patrick. Give him 2-3 games to get his mojo back and back to NHL game shape. He Did miss a bunch and it was a concussion so he might need 2-3 games to feel brave again.

Other than that, I've been saying the exact same things for quite a while.
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Did Konecny get confused in the shootout? You are supposed to try to score, not pass the puck to the goalie!!

Comment

Originally posted by JimboPark1 View Post
            Did Konecny get confused in the shootout? You are supposed to try to score, not pass the puck to the goalie!!
            Actually, both him and Giroux tried to go five hole after Voracek and Weal beat the goalie up high cleanly. That made little sense.
            Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
              How many games for Gudas?
              That was gross, should be at least five but probably ten. He's could have seriously hurt that guy.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post

That was gross, should be at least five but probably ten. He's could have seriously hurt that guy.
                clearly an accident. perrault mauled him and then fell down. gudas was just trying to establish dominant stick position, he wasn't even looking at perrault. thats a common move to bring your stick down hard on their stick and also box their body out with your stick.

not saying that totally absolves him, but it was a weird play too, and i didnt see any intent.

Comment

https://www.nhl.com/news/flyers-radk...?tid=277549076

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

clearly an accident...
                    If that was Couturier, i'd give him the benefit of doubt. But Gudas...no chance that was accidental. That was plain dumb...and hopefully opens the door for Morin to get a real chance to play a few NHL games in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj

Patrick is rookie and hasn't played in weeks, certainly you didn't expect a Hat Trick did you?
                      He couldnít get a hat trick over the span of three games lol

I expected him to at least create some chances ... he didnít.

Notwithstanding his injury, I really donít think heís NHL ready yet ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X