Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Hakstol be getting concerned about job security??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Hakstol be getting concerned about job security??

Are his days as Flyers Head Coach numbered?
    He was rumoured to be on the hot seat heading into the season
    He seems to be making a lot of questionable decisions that seem to backfire.
    Goalie usage has been puzzling all season long. Whenever you are sure a goalie will be getting the start. the other guy starts and puts up a stinker.
    One line loaded up on offense, but absolutely zero secondary scoring and the tweaks he is finally starting to make are making things worse.
    Giroux seems to no longer give a sh*t out on the ice when Philly doesn't have the puck, as evidenced by him causing the too many men penalty in OT.
    And last night, jump out to a quick 2-0 lead after being shut out 2 in a row and then they seemed to sit back and try to hold the lead for 54 more minutes??? When you have a team on the ropes, go for the killshot!!!!
    This is the best goaltending they have received in years and they seem to waste the best goalie performances by getting shutout.
    Can't fire all of the players, so it has to be put on the coach.
    Things seemed to turn when MacDonald went down, but one player shouldn't make that much of a difference

Who is available? Sutter (Darryl or Brent), Ruff, Bylsma, Tippett, Hartley, Oates, Therrien, Muller, MacLean, Desjardins, Crawford, Capuano, Wilson, Nolan, Eakins, Carbonneau, Hunter, Arniel, Dineen, Granato, Roy?? Keenan???

the only thing i'm not happy with is that he hasn't gotten enough out of his middle 6.

I'm also puzzled by the weak PK, i feel like our system and execution is good but we aren't getting the results.

Comment

I read somewhere this team has lost 40 of it's last 69 games dating back to last year...(haven't verified the stat)

I'm a well documented Hak hater. I don't get the love he gets...

Simple question, what does he do well?

Team doesn't score, it doesn't defend well, it's not physical, doesn't have good special teams, he doesn't work well with young players, his veterans aren't exactly over-achieving, strange lineup decisions, don't get the impression the players like him, hasn't won a single thing in his life...there isn't a single thing that tells me he's "the guy" that should be allowed to work with this group for the next 5 or 6 years.

I don't know if this mess is all on him, but he certainly doesn't make me feel good. I don't think to myself we have a great coach who will overachieve with this team and outcoach someone in a 7 game series. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it...

Comment

Originally posted by JimboPark1 View Post
        Giroux seems to no longer give a sh*t out on the ice when Philly doesn't have the puck, as evidenced by him causing the too many men penalty in OT.
        How did he cause it? It was Voracek not getting to the bench quick enough.

To answer your question, I think if I was GM he should be worried but because it is Hextall, who is patient to a fault, then I think nothing happens until the off-season.
        Last edited by Pit; 11-17-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
          I read somewhere this team has lost 40 of it's last 69 games dating back to last year...(haven't verified the stat)

I'm a well documented Hak hater. I don't get the love he gets...

Simple question, what does he do well?

Team doesn't score, it doesn't defend well, it's not physical, doesn't have good special teams, he doesn't work well with young players, his veterans aren't exactly over-achieving, strange lineup decisions, don't get the impression the players like him, hasn't won a single thing in his life...there isn't a single thing that tells me he's "the guy" that should be allowed to work with this group for the next 5 or 6 years.

I don't know if this mess is all on him, but he certainly doesn't make me feel good. I don't think to myself we have a great coach who will overachieve with this team and outcoach someone in a 7 game series. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see it...
          what he's done well:
          - couts has turned a corner
          - giroux and voracek have rebounded to their normal level
          - provorov is rightfully getting tons of minutes and continues to mature
          - honeybees line has been exceptionally effective and they can actually PK
          - ghost is looking like his old self with more defensive awareness. the benching WAS helpful. he's really playing within himself
          - the team has been rewarded for the responsibilities he's given hagg
          - he's done a decent job easing sanheim into the rotation without putting him in a position to fail
          - he's managed the goalie committee decently i think. we have two 1B guys and its basically, if you played well last game you get to play again. its fair atleast, and predictable.

its easy to say that everything good would have happened anyway and everything bad is the coach's fault. i think ultimately you're judged based on results, but there are things he's done things well.

Comment

To counter, who comes in now to change what you don't like about Hakstol? Will it make a difference this year? Coaches always change in the Nhl in the off-season, all bets are off then.

Comment

Team is 4th ranked defense in NHL....wr need some size upfront and some toughness, other than Wayne.... and need someone to compliment him w scoring ..... w all the prospects we have in the pipeline, move one or two to get a scorer, or playmaker... and bring big Sam up, so this team has some nastiness to it...

Comment

Why is my posts unapproved???

Comment

Originally posted by brownie View Post
                  Team is 4th ranked defense in NHL....wr need some size upfront and some toughness, other than Wayne.... and need someone to compliment him w scoring ..... w all the prospects we have in the pipeline, move one or two to get a scorer, or playmaker... and bring big Sam up, so this team has some nastiness to it...
                  Another Tim Kerr type guy or a left winger that can actually score would be nice. We have defensive prospects coming out the yin yang. Teams have inquired about them, move one and a pick or two and add a legit winger, preferably a younger one that is scoring now.
                  Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Lmao... No.
                    Philadelphia Flyers #1
                    Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                    The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                    X