If you could....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could....

We need another MAJOR threat offensively, imo. I'd love to package Myers and a 1st for a stud, if that's even fair. Who do you think is attainable?

If you could trade for a scorer, what would you give up? Who would the scorer be? Why would you target that guy? Why is it OK to lose what we're dealing away?
    Last edited by Hattrix; 11-21-2017, 07:13 AM.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

James the real deal Neal.

Comment

I wouldn't.

There's no way to afford another stud forward...and all the blueliners...

..and resign Simmonds...

Team either needs to turn over to the youth or abandon the youth and pursue veterans...it cannot do both,,

Comment

I was listening to talk radio about a week ago and Morganti said that if Tavares becomes available, the Flyers would absolutely go after him. Al's usually pretty conservative with his statements, but it brings up an interesting point. We have a lot of high end prospects on the blueline, a couple of top end forwards prospects and a pair of 1sts in 2018. Would it make sense for the Flyers to make this kind of move. I think Tavares is only 27 years old, so plenty of tread left on the tires. Neal would give us some instant pop, but that would probably be a short term fix at a high cost.

Comment

Originally posted by LOD108819 View Post
          I was listening to talk radio about a week ago and Morganti said that if Tavares becomes available, the Flyers would absolutely go after him. Al's usually pretty conservative with his statements, but it brings up an interesting point. We have a lot of high end prospects on the blueline, a couple of top end forwards prospects and a pair of 1sts in 2018. Would it make sense for the Flyers to make this kind of move. I think Tavares is only 27 years old, so plenty of tread left on the tires. Neal would give us some instant pop, but that would probably be a short term fix at a high cost.
          Getting (UFA after this season) Tavares comes with the intention of resigning him long term so seems to me that Claude or Jake would have to go to make that work, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
            I wouldn't.

There's no way to afford another stud forward...and all the blueliners...

..and resign Simmonds...

Team either needs to turn over to the youth or abandon the youth and pursue veterans...it cannot do both,,
            Same.

I think our problem right now is actually not letting the kids grow and gumming up the middle six with vets who aren't pulling their weight - Weise, Lehtera, Flip. Let someone who can learn from mistakes and advance make them instead of vets who aren't earning that icetime.

Comment

How about adding a Puljujarvii for a Sanhiem + pick/s. Both will get a raise around the same time, defense we have lots of, forwards not so much.
              Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I would agree that if we were to pursue Tavares, we'd have to shed salary and you're right, those middle six vet contracts are killing us....too old, so slow, don't hit well, don't score. I do think Flip is a nice player though.

Comment

I think the success of the first line and the solid play of Hagg and Sanheim has blurred the picture a bit. Before the season I would have said that you start abandoning vets and you can do that in conjunction with moving a D piece to try and get an upper echelon young forward.

Now, I think we've got a better chance of success in the next two years, so I'd rather not abandon a guy like Simmonds yet. At the same time, the success of Sanheim and Hagg has me MORE willing to move Myers for a young forward.

So long story short, if we could move two of Flip, Lehtera, and Weise and clear some cap space and lineup space and get a promising young forward for Myers, I'd seriously consider it. But I don't see that happening.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I wonder if maybe Morganti meant that we would pursue him in UFA? Not saying it's impossible, but just usually teams within the same division don't tend to make those kind of trades, because the haul we send to NYI could come back to bite us.

Comment

Working...
                    X