No announcement yet.

If you could....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlike most Flyers fans, I am not attached to Simmonds, yeah, he has great hands around the net mostly on the power play, but his hands suck at passing or taking a pass. He (IMHO) kills more plays than anyone. Use him and Meyers/Morin/Sanheim and a first to go out and get someone like Tavares. As I look at the Flyers they have 7 good players including Simmonds and I do not think anyone in the other leagues are ready to come up. They have to get better 3rd and 4th lines, if it takes moving players down because they added new players so be it.

Comment

Oh yeah... It's been a while so... How you Doin?

Comment

Originally posted by flytype View Post
        Unlike most Flyers fans, I am not attached to Simmonds, yeah, he has great hands around the net mostly on the power play, but his hands suck at passing or taking a pass. He (IMHO) kills more plays than anyone. Use him and Meyers/Morin/Sanheim and a first to go out and get someone like Tavares. As I look at the Flyers they have 7 good players including Simmonds and I do not think anyone in the other leagues are ready to come up. They have to get better 3rd and 4th lines, if it takes moving players down because they added new players so be it.
        That is true "outside the box" thinking. Impressed.

If we are trading Simmonds, i'd want to trade him to the other conference. I'd really like to avoid seeing him too often against us.

Comment

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...zzcast/1/89063

As per Eklund - Edmonton is looking for D and we are one of the teams.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

My problem with trading Simmonds is that I doesn't open up meaningful cap for a top end return.

To bring back a legit top end forward it would have to be Simmonds, AMac or Lehtera or Filp...and probably a kid or top end pick or two..

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Also, if we trade Simmonds, this team will be about as soft as soft can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                My problem with trading Simmonds is that I doesn't open up meaningful cap for a top end return.

To bring back a legit top end forward it would have to be Simmonds, AMac or Lehtera or Filp...and probably a kid or top end pick or two..
                Filpulla has an expiring contract. So to me having AMac or Lehtera included in any deal would be the only way to proceed.

Comment

Simmer must be hurt. He looks lost...and not nearly as edgy as he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
                    How about adding a Puljujarvii for a Sanhiem + pick/s. Both will get a raise around the same time, defense we have lots of, forwards not so much.
                    Straight up, yes.
                    No way I'd add a first rounder or even multiple high picks!

Comment

Originally posted by irvdog View Post
                      Simmer must be hurt. He looks lost...and not nearly as edgy as he can be.
                      He hurt his shoulder weeks ago and played through it. He hasn't been the same since and it's very noticeable. That's why he's not playing his physical game much -- from what I heard it's painful for him to deliver a check. I don't understand why they don't have him sit a few games and let it heal properly.
                      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Working...
                      X