No announcement yet.

GDT: Flyers vs Canucks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad I didnít get around to watching this one......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
      i'm hoping this stretch is the proverbial "Darkest before the dawn" period...this team has gone from fiery and motivated to ambivalent and flat...like the Devils often do....let's hope that we get our slump(s) out of the way early in the season and peak at just the right time...otherwise we are in for another painful season of "wait and see..."
      Reminding me of last season where we roared out of the gate and then alternated between sucky and not losing for the last 3/4 of the season.

A coach that could make in-game adjustments would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
        God this is a hard game to watch.
        It was worse.to be there. Dead quiet, lower bowl was sparse. No energy . I felt bad.for the two guys from Germany in my row. He was.excited and was wearing his flyers hat. He couldn't believe the light crowd and.dull.game. he and.his.buddy are nib the states for 10 days, seeing a NBA, NFL, NCAA hockey, and 6 nhl games. Heck of a.trip, and.sorry we didn't give them a show.

Comment

I dont get blaming the coach. Best coaches in hockey dont win consistently, don't win cups...

it's not the coach.

it's the players, it's the GM and it's the org's mindset.

We've literally got Smaug sitting atop his hoard...and for some reason we're ok with it...

The coach can't play the kids, can;t make adjustments when he's literally got NHL leftovers to play with.

From all accounts, the one bright spot of the season, has been a Hak decision...

Bring the kids up, play them...it's that effing simple...

Lose and grow your kids...Tarasenko and Schwartz are 25 years old..and playing in their 6th seasons...

In Hextall's world..they'd be on year 3 and behind the curve...

This has been the fear with Hextall...that he would never be willing to pull the trigger and go with all the kids he's accumulating...

Comment

That was indeed a pretty hard game to watch.

Most of the time I couldn't yell at them to shoot the puck because they didn't even have it. Shouting "cleanly receive the puck!" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Neuvirth wasn't as good as he's been in most of his starts, but I still felt bad for him getting left out to dry on those breakaways and odd man rushes.

Maybe starting to see some eastern teams and some division rivals will bring something that's been missing.

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
              i'm hoping this stretch is the proverbial "Darkest before the dawn" period...this team has gone from fiery and motivated to ambivalent and flat...like the Devils often do....let's hope that we get our slump(s) out of the way early in the season and peak at just the right time...otherwise we are in for another painful season of "wait and see..."
              I think they are starting to tune the coach out.

Comment

Fine by me too. I hate this coach and his lineup decisions and sissy brand of hockey. Can't wait until he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                  Fine by me too. I hate this coach and his lineup decisions and sissy brand of hockey. Can't wait until he's gone.
                  Which players, that Hak actually had a available, would you have started instead?

The answer can't include "I'd call up" because that's Hex all not Hakstol..

​​​​The coach plays what the GM gives him...the blame sits higher.
                  Last edited by Rev_Bully; 11-22-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

they didn't show any life until the Laughton hit in the corner...Jake scored shortly after as I recall...then they seemed to wake up a little...as such I'm fine with putting in, finding, calling up, a Brashear type player....

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                      Agree with you...tired of the emotionless leadership behind the bench. His inability to get his players to jump out of the gate is clearly an issue. His inability to get his players to settle down after a goal to not allow another dagger to the heart seconds later is on him. His inability to adjust when his lineup to get more than one line working is just a total failure on his part. His inability to get the kids to take a positive step forward without losing their mojo is his M.O.

TBH, i am not upset about losing games...i am more concerned with the way this team is being molded for the future. This team doesn't care about one another. Yesterday's game is proof that there was a need for someone to get mad...but no one willing to do that..not even the coach.

Comment

Working...
                      X